CONSTRUCTION SPECIALTIES - EXPANSION JOINT COVERS
1010 WESTCOTT VENTURE PARK
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE HP18 0XB
Tel: 01296 652800
Fax: 01296 652888
Suppliers of: Expansion joint plates, expansion joint sections, floor joint covers, structural joint covers, movement joint covers, movement joint profiles, joint covers & plates, fire barriers for expansion joints
Construction Specialties (UK) Ltd is the leading manufacturer of specialist building products for the healthcare, education, commercial, retail, leisure and industrial sectors. The company works closely with architects, interior designers, contactors and end users, offering comprehensive project support and in-house installation service.
CS product ranges include wall protection, impact resistant doors, entrance matting, performance coatings, expansion joint covers, cubicle curtain track, solar shading systems, natural ventilation louvres and explosion venting.
Construction Specialties manufacture a comprehensive range of expansion joint covers to accommodate most types of building movement. To complement a wide offering of joint covers for floors, walls and ceilings in a choice of styles and finishes, the product range also includes speciality covers for car parks, roofs and exterior walls, to offer a solution for any part of the building.
- Floor, wall and ceiling applications
- Continuous aluminium frames and flush design thermoplastic rubber gasket
- Gaskets available in 4 colours
- Suitable for hygiene sensitive and wet areas
- Models to suit joint widths from 20mm to 150mm as standard
- Heavy duty options available
- Surface and recess mounted options
- Co-ordinated models for floor, wall and ceiling
- Continuous extruded aluminium side frames and centre plates
- Models to suit joint widths from 10mm to 150mm as standard
- Horizontal movements up to +/- 100% of the joint width can be accommodated
- Heavy duty options available
- Models to suit joint widths from 25mm to 250mm as standard
- Metal and EPDM options available
- Bonded only option
- Suitable for interior & exterior use
- Simple and economical joint cover options
- Easy to install
- Rigid aluminium strips & cover plates and flexible synthetic rubber options
- Fire Barrier Systems
- Models to suit floor and wall joints up to 500mm
- 1-hour and 2-hour ratings
- Fire tested to BS 476:Part 20 and 22: 1987 or Underwriters Laboratories (UL-2079) certified
- Moisture Barriers for installation beneath the expansion joint cover to help prevent moisture ingress from above and below.
- Acoustic Barriers to reduce the transmission of airborne noise.
Other Products Available from Construction Specialties:
Expansion Joint Cover - The Mall Maidstone – Kent, UK
The Mall Maidstone has recently undergone a £6 million refurbishment which took 5 months to complete and mainly took place at night. Improvements include intelligent strip lighting which adjusts to the weather, white porcelain flooring and heightened shop fronts.
As part of the refurbishment works, CS supplied the GTP-300HD expansion joint cover, a heavy duty, recess mounted, flush floor cover, ideal for applications like this with intensive traffic across the joint. This robust joint cover will ensure the shopping centre can move safely and without damaging itself for years to come.
APF expansion joint cover - UNIQLO Clothing Stores
UNIQLO is a clothing apparel company, which was originally founded in Yamaguchi, Japan in 1949 as a textiles manufacturer. Now it is a global brand with over 1000 stores around the world. Redefining clothing, with a focus on quality and textiles which has been unwavered since the company’s origins in 1949.
The popular APF expansion joint cover from Construction Specialties has been installed in two Australian UNIQLO Clothing Stores, one in Hornsby and one in Chatswood.
The APF features a unique interlocking cover design which allows for a significant horizontal movement in the floor slab (upto +40/-20mm) as well as accommodating vertical displacement (upto ±15mm). One of the key benefits of this expansion joint cover is that there are no visible screws, it looks clean and simple and is ideal for busy retail environments with high pedestrian traffic and heavy rolling equipment with a 1000kg point load capability.
Two different APF models were chosen based on the joint widths at each store, the APF-50 was installed at UNIQLO Hornsby and the APF-25 was used for UNIQLO Chatswood.