CONSTRUCTION SPECIALTIES - WALL PROTECTION
Suppliers of: Acrovyn wall protection wall protectors wall guards impact protection wall corner protection wall corner protectors corner guards crash rails wall protection panels handrails bumper guards bed locators bed head protectors hygienic cladding acrylic sheet
Construction Specialties (UK) Ltd is the leading manufacturer of specialist building products for the healthcare, education, commercial, retail, leisure and industrial sectors. The company works closely with architects, interior designers, contractors and end users, offering comprehensive project support and in-house installation service.
CS product ranges include wall protection, impact resistant doors, entrance matting, performance coatings, expansion joint covers, cubicle curtain track, solar shading systems, natural ventilation louvres and explosion venting.
CS Acrovyn® Wall, Door & Corner Protection:
CS Acrovyn offers a stylish and effective protection to interior walls, doors, corners and other surfaces which are likely to suffer from impact damage.
The latest addition to the range is Acrovyn 4000, C/S’ most environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable, PVC-free wall protection. Formulated to eliminate PVC, it is also free from Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxins (PBTs), Bisphenol A (BPA), as well as halogenated and brominated fire retardants. Acrovyn 4000 is available as an option for most profiles.
Our Range includes:
- Approved Document M compliant handrails for use in public access areas
- Available in Acrovyn, Acrovyn 4000, timber, solid bamboo and stainless steel
- Combined hand/crash rails offering pedestrian support and impact protection
- Rapid Fix™ mounting brackets for ease and speed of installation
- Anti-ligature options for use in Mental Health Units
- Available in Acrovyn, Acrovyn 4000 and Acrovyn/timber combinations
- Models ranging from light duty rub rails to severe duty crash rails
- Choice of profile depths and stand-offs to suit project requirements
- Available in Acrovyn, Acrovyn 4000, stainless steel and synthetic rubber
- Designed to prevent damage to walls and wall mounted equipment at the bed head
- Horizontal and vertical configurations and various stand-offs available to suit project needs
- Available in Acrovyn or Acrovyn 4000
- A range of heights and styles to suit project requirements
- Surface mounted or flush mounted variants
- Available in Acrovyn, Acrovyn 4000 clear acrylic, stainless steel and synthetic rubber
- Durable sheet, suitable for protecting walls, doors and other interior surfaces from impact damage
- Integral colour and impervious surface
- Can be formed and easily cut to design shapes
- Available in Acrovyn or Acrovyn 4000
- Choice of colours, textures and finishes
- Bespoke panels incorporating high resolution photography, graphics, artwork or branding
- Used to protect interior walls and other surfaces
- Durable and scratch resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain
- High impact wall panels comprising Acrovyn Sheet laminated to a rigid board
- Installation using construction adhesive, suitable for cutting on site
- Impact resistant doors clad in Acrovyn Sheet for increased durability and reduced maintenance costs
- Post-formed and fully encapsulated cladding options
- 30 or 60 minute resistance to fire and/or smoke, or non-fire rated options
- BM TRADA Q-Mark certification for fire doors
- Easy to clean and maintain finish
- A wide range of configurations, colour and vision panel options
- Manufactured from 2mm Acrovyn Sheet to customer defined sizes
- Door protection solutions include kick plates, push plates and full or partial height door face plates and channels
- Frame protection built up from a series of channels and angles
Other Products Available from Construction Specialties:
CS Acrovyn Wall Protection - Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH)
The new Stanmore Building, at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, Middlesex, combines the latest health technology with architectural design and contemporary art to create colourful and welcoming spaces for patients and staff.
Built by Balfour Beatty and designed by architect BDP, the four storey building opened in December 2018, and replaces a number of ward buildings dating back to the Second World War. It includes a children’s/young people’s ward, two adult acute wards and a private ward.
There are also play areas, with a children’s activity centre at the heart of the 15m high reception and waiting atrium. This features contemporary art and sculptures to create a spectacular entrance matching the state-of-the-art medical facilities.
Art is used throughout the new building, with poems taken from Robert McFarlane’s ‘The Lost Words’, and illustrations of flowers, birds, fish and animals by Jackie Morris, adorning the corridors. There are also images from the natural world behind the beds on each of the colour-themed floors.
The positive effects of colour and art on patient wellbeing have been known for some time. Art diverts attention away from pain and stress, may lower blood pressure and may reduce the need for pain relief. Evidence suggests the sense of being outdoors also improves recovery times, while colourful murals help reduce the stress of being in an unfamiliar environment, particularly among children.
As well as providing a visually-appealing environment, surface finishes in healthcare facilities also need to be hard-wearing, hygienic, easy-to-clean and maintain. BDP specified Acrovyn by Design to incorporate behind all 94 beds in the building.
Acrovyn by Design embeds high-resolution digital prints on the reverse of clear, PVC-Free Acrovyn 4000 sheets. The sheet acts as a protective shield to the image and provides an impact- and scratch-resistant surface that is impervious and chemically-resistant, without compromising on interior design.
The images reflect the theme of nature used in the corridors and the colour of each floor. White and green predominate on level 2, blue and green on level 3, and purple on level 4. The images used on the children’s ward are fun and brightly-coloured silhouettes of children playing outside.
CS Acrovyn Wall Protection - Stirling Care Village – Stirling, UK
A new £35m Care Village development, a joint venture between Stirling Council, NHS Forth Valley, the Scottish Ambulance Service and the Health and Social Care Partnership, will bring a wide range of health and social services together within two new purpose-built facilities – a Care Hub, and a Primary and Urgent Care Building.
Within the 100+ bed Care Hub, CS Acrovyn Wall Protection was specified throughout to protect the building as well as offer a clean, safe and supportive environment for Dementia patients. Installed by Conspec Contracts (CS’ in-house installation team), HR6CS-N handrails, SCG75 Stick-on Corner Guards, BCR80 Crashrails, BG10 Crashrails and 2mm thick Acrovyn Sheet offer varying levels of protection to suit the needs of each area. Light duty 2mm Acrovyn Sheet was installed behind the beds in each room, whilst heavy duty BCR80 crashrails were installed in lift lobbies where big, heavy trolleys would be moving about.
As well as Acrovyn Wall Protection, CS Expansion Joint Covers were installed within the Care Hub to allow the new building to settle and move safely. DGTP-200 & 300 were specified for their easy to clean gaskets and their large movement capability.
In the Primary and Urgent Care Building, TP200 rub rails were installed throughout the corridors and waiting areas, while medium duty BG10 crashrails were installed in equipment storage areas. SCG75 stick-on corner guards were also used, to protect vulnerable corners throughout the facility.