Hydro Building Systems UK Ltd
Gloucestershire GL20 8SF
Tel: 01684 853 500
Fax: 01684 851 850
Suppliers of: Aluminium Windows, Sliding Doors, Aluminium Doors, Commercial Doors, Curtain Walling,
Technal has a history in the UK which spans more than 30 years, Technal’s door, window and curtain walling systems have been used to create purpose-designed façades for buildings in sectors as diverse as offices, airports, leisure, schools and higher education, healthcare and residential apartments.
The Technal brand from HYDRO is a pioneering international specialist in architectural aluminium façade systems. Technal has established an unrivalled reputation for innovative and inspirational design solutions and has built up an impressive portfolio of award-winning projects.
Technal has a clear understanding of the requirements of architects, contractors, developers, building occupiers and fabricators, which has enabled it to engineer an innovative, technically advanced and highly flexible product portfolio. Our aluminium building systems including curtain walling, window, door and low rise façade products. Each has been developed to meet specifiers’ requirements for enhanced thermal performance, design flexibility and visual appeal.
MX & MY are complete aluminium curtain walling suites, offering specifiers enhanced thermal performance to meet the most stringent Building Regulations and the widest choice of aesthetic options from a single system.
- MY62 - For those seeking large glass spans with minimal interruptions. This is ideal for new build or refurbishment curtain wall applications that architecturally command maximum natural light and slim sight lines. MY62 can be used on both timber or steel frame structures alike.
- MX VISIBLE GRID - MX Visible Grid is a Versatile Glazing Solutions for Flat or Faceted Façades. MX Visible Grid gives superior load distribution thus allowing the system to hold larger, heavy glazing units.
- MX TRAME - MX Trame has a pioneering design, which uses projecting aerofoil transom caps to add depth to the façade whilst slender face trim gaskets, that are flush with the front face of the infill, soften the corresponding vertical or horizontal sections.
- MX62 - MX62 gives specifiers the option of a 62mm module for the MX Visible Grid vertical façade to allow glazed units in larger sizes to be accommodated, maximising natural light.
MX SSG STRUCTURAL GLAZING - A Striking Flush Glass Façade, MX SSG responds to the increasing demand for structural glazing to create flush glass façades with visibly less aluminium.
MX BG Beaded Glazing - MX Beaded Glazing is a contemporary alternative to conventional façades, which uses an externally beaded frame option to create a ‘picture frame’ appearance.
Technal offers one of the most comprehensive and flexible commercial aluminium window ranges available today. Each system features a variety of safety and security options, achieves outstanding weather resistance and is supplied with a high performance thermal break.
- FY 65 WINDOW - The FY 65 high performance window is Technal’s most innovative window system to date, bringing a host of technical advancements and design features that will enhance almost any fenestration project.
GXI SLIDING WINDOW/BALCONY DOOR - The GXi sliding window and balcony door has been designed with an attention to detail and quality of finish that sets it apart from it’s peers. The system incorporates a wealth of design features and a wide selection of options for comfort, safety, visual appeal and long-term durability, meeting specifiers’ requirements for both function and form.
Technal’s market-leading commercial aluminium doors provide specifiers with flexibility in design, safety and security, combined with excellent weather resistance. Door suites are available in a wide range of configurations including - hinged, pivot, revolving or sliding systems and these are all compatible with Technal’s curtain walling and low rise façade systems.
- PY 55 DOOR - The PY 55 door range offers outstanding thermal performance, levels of security and specification options for high traffic applications.
- CD COMMERCIAL DOORS - The CD Door is a heavy duty door solution for use in busy public places and combines lasting resistance to wear with effective security and protection against vandalism. This is a robust system that is ideal for secondary school applications and entrances to public buildings such as airports, offices and shopping centres.
- STII - Delivering exceptional thermal performance, the new STII Commercial Door System is an aluminium door system suited to high traffic commercial applications. Offering a range of framing options, installations can be tailored to suit most space and sizes up to three metres high. Designed for use with Technal’s aluminium window systems and curtain walling, the STII doors provide an integrated façade solution for your projects where high traffic aluminium doors are essential.
A comprehensive range of support services is available to architects and contractors, which includes technical assistance with design development, through to the preparation of specifications. To help specifiers in the production of faster and more accurate project drawings, CAD files for all the façade systems offered by Technal can be downloaded from the specification section of the Technal website.Technal also responds to individual project needs through more bespoke designs for specific schemes, performance enhancements and new innovations to enhance both new and existing architecture.
For further information on all our products and services, please visit our web site www.technal.co.uk or download our brochures from our BPi library.
Resuming warehouse operations in Hydro Building Systems U.K.
Resuming warehouse operations in Hydro Building Systems U.K.
We would like to give you a brief update of the situation and the current outlook for business operations at Hydro Building Systems UK in connection with the COVID-19 (Corona) pandemic.
Following the previous communication on suspension of our operations, we confirm that our Tewkesbury warehouse is operational again as of 22nd April 2020 and we are resuming purchasing, reception of goods, production and deliveries towards our customers.
Our top priority within Hydro remains to prevent the spread of the virus to our employees, their family members and our business partners, and to continue our business operations in a safe manner. We are also monitoring daily the UK Government's guidelines and recommendations and resulting supplier activities and will keep you informed of any changes to this situation.
As we restart our warehouse operations, we would like to ask you to send us our updated order status report and/or keep us informed about your operations following COVID-19 impact.
In case of questions or remarks, please contact our procurement department.
Deputy Country Manager
Hydro Building Systems UK Ltd
COVID-19 UK Update - Hydro Building Systems U.K.
COVID-19 UK Update
In view of the current developments of the COVID-19 (Corona) virus, we would like to update you on the situation in Hydro Building Systems UK.
The well-being of our staff and duty of care to those employees is naturally of utmost importance to Hydro. With the current concerns about COVID-19 and the evolving situation, we have appropriate continuity plans in place to minimise any risks and continue to provide service to our customers and partners that they expect from Hydro.
We have planned different scenarios within our organisation to ensure our customer service isn't compromised, but also ensures the safety of our own employees and responsibility to the wider community is also upheld. Our aim is to continue to deliver a consistent service with no disruption to our customers for as long as possible during this difficult period.
Where remote working isn't possible for certain individuals in the manufacturing process and appropriate support functions, particular attention is being made to provide a safe working environment in order to conform to government guidance and advice. This includes the changeover of shifts in our manufacturing environment avoids, as much as possible, people to people interaction to and from the place of work.
Our top priority is to avoid the spread of the virus among our employees and business partners. Consequently, we have introduced restrictions that we believe will protect our employees and those of our stakeholders. These include;
Travel is limited to essential business needs only
Guidelines for meeting and greeting between colleagues, between shifts, and with external sources
Mandatory additional hygiene measures
Cancellation of our participation in external events
Cancellation of internal events and/or participation by conference calls
Re-location and splitting of essential business functions
Advice on how to prevent the spread of the virus
Investigation of implementation of a home-working policy wherever possible to ensure the risk of infection is reduced for the individual and work colleagues
We are also following recommendations from local and international health authorities where we operate. We have avoided major business disruptions due to the spread of the virus, and we are continually monitoring the situation and updating our contingency plans to avoid disruptions to the extent possible.
Hydro is a vertically integrated aluminium company operating in more than 40 countries globally. We are continually monitoring and reviewing our supply chain, including our globally sourced materials and products. Should situations change, where we must quarantine employees or temporarily close production sites to comply with local authorities' recommendations,, we will do our best to compensate by relocating the production and other business functions among out other available production sites and locations.