Suppliers of: Steel lintels, Solid wall lintels, Timber frame lintels, cavity wall lintels, single leaf external wall lintels, single leaf internal wall lintels, supergalv lintels, dupatherm lintels,bespoke custom made lintels.
Birtley Group was founded in 1965 and is home to three of the UK construction industry’s most trusted names: Birtley, Bowater Doors and Expamet. All three brands work side-by-side within the group, each continuing to develop and market its own well established range of products.
A steel Lintel specialist Birtley commissioned and built a brand new plant in 1996 making it one of the most advanced facilities for hot dipped galvanizing across the whole of Europe.
Birtley currently offer a range of brands which are used across the construction industry, these include:
- Supergalv Lintels – hot-dipped galvanized AFTER manufacture for exeptional durability.
- Dupatherm Lintels – A fully customisable thermal bridging solution offering over 75% less heat loss than standard lintels.
- Special Lintels – Custom made products designed and manufactured to your individual requirements.
Our range of products include:
Cavity wall Eaves Lintels
Cavity wall lintels
- 50-65mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 70-85mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 90-105mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 110-125mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 130-145mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 150-165mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 50-65mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 70-85mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 90-105mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 110-125mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 130-145mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 150-165mm cavity wide outer leaf
Single leaf external walls
- Light duty meter box lintel 100mm brick
- Standard duty external wall lintel 100mm brick
- Heavy duty external wall lintel 100mm brick
- Extra heavy duty external wall lintel 100mm brick
- Extreme duty external wall lintel 100mm brick
Single leaf internal walls
Non load bearing walls:
Load bearing walls:
- Standard duty internal wall box lintel 100mm block
- Heavy duty internal wall box lintel 100mm block
- Extra heavy duty internal wall box lintel 100mm block
- Extreme duty internal wall box lintel 100mm block
- Standard duty internal wall box lintel 140mm block
- Heavy duty internal wall box lintel 140mm block
- Extra heavy duty internal wall box lintel 140mm block
- Extreme duty internal wall box lintel 140mm block
Solid wall lintels
- Standard duty solid wall lintel 200-215mm wall
- Heavy duty solid wall lintel 200-215mm wall
- Extra heavy duty solid wall lintel 200-215mm wall
- Extreme duty solid wall lintel 200-215mm wall
Timber frame lintels
We also offer a comprehensive free technical support service as forever changing regulations make lintel specification ever more complex, our highly experienced team is here to take the problem away from builders and specifiers:
Our support includes:
- CAD lintel schedules from drawings supplied
- Structural calculations for building regulations approval
- Test reports on lintels covering loading, fire resistance and other factors
- Advice on use of steel lintels in unusual situations such as reduced end bearings
- Detailed drawings to illustrate lintel usage in any particular situation
contact our technical support team now on:
Tel: 0191 411 2564
Fax: 0191 411 2558
For more technical information please visit our website at www.birtleylintels.co.uk or visit our literature section here on BPI
Birtley Group COVID-19 Announcement
In light of the Government announcement on the evening of the 23rd March 2020, Birtley Group has taken the decision to close down our operations across all sites with immediate effect to contribute to the fight against COVID-19.
Provisionally this will be for a 3 week period and we will, of course, continue to monitor the situation closely and follow any guidance from the UK Government about how and when we should continue our operations.
All of our technical and design teams are working from home and will continue
to process quotes, drawings and schedules. You can contact them using the links below.
This has been a difficult decision to make, but we have to put the health and safety of our employees, customers, delivery partners and the community first in these uncertain times.
As a consequence, orders that were due to be despatched after the 24th March 2020 will be fulfilled when we re-open as a business. Updates on this will be posted on the Birtley Group website and the LinkedIn page.
As a final note, we hope that you, your family friends and colleagues remain fit and healthy during this difficult time. We will get through this together as an industry and come out stronger.
From all at Birtley Group
Bowater Doors launch new website based on the voice of the customer
Bowater Doors has launched a new website, which has been designed based on feedback from both existing and potential customers from a variety of sectors including architects, housebuilders and homeowners.
The new platform features a door selector, which has been designed to easily allow users to filter the extensive range of composite doors by style and door slab. Each door style then has an individual webpage featuring relevant specification information such as minimum and maximum sizes, fitting instructions and Revit models. An online door designer has also been incorporated to deliver sales leads direct to Bowater Doors retailers.
Gemma Smith, Marketing Manager for Bowater Doors is pleased with the result, she comments:
‘We have been gathering data and feedback from our customers and visitors to our website for a while. By listening to the voice of the customer we have been able to create a website that delivers the information they need in line with a favourable user experience. We believe that listening to the voice of the customer is essential when designing a platform that delivers added value to our customers. Of course, a website is never truly finished and I see this release as ‘phase 1’ we will continue to encourage and monitor both positive and negative feedback to allow us to refine our services in line with the customers’ needs.’
Bowater Doors design, manufacture and supply a wide range of composite GRP doors to the retail and housebuilder industries across the UK. Choose from single rebate, double rebate, flood defence or fire doors in a range of styles and colours.
For more information visit www.bowaterdoors.co.uk