Suppliers of: Steel lintels, Solid wall lintels, Timber frame lintels, cavity wall lintels, single leaf external wall lintels, single leaf internal wall lintels, supergalv lintels, dupatherm lintels,bespoke custom made lintels.
Birtley Group was founded in 1965 and is home to three of the UK construction industry’s most trusted names: Birtley, Bowater Doors and Expamet. All three brands work side-by-side within the group, each continuing to develop and market its own well established range of products.
A steel Lintel specialist Birtley commissioned and built a brand new plant in 1996 making it one of the most advanced facilities for hot dipped galvanizing across the whole of Europe.
Birtley currently offer a range of brands which are used across the construction industry, these include:
- Supergalv Lintels – hot-dipped galvanized AFTER manufacture for exeptional durability.
- Dupatherm Lintels – A fully customisable thermal bridging solution offering over 75% less heat loss than standard lintels.
- Special Lintels – Custom made products designed and manufactured to your individual requirements.
Our range of products include:
Cavity wall Eaves Lintels
Cavity wall lintels
- 50-65mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 70-85mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 90-105mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 110-125mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 130-145mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 150-165mm cavity wide inner leaf
- 50-65mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 70-85mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 90-105mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 110-125mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 130-145mm cavity wide outer leaf
- 150-165mm cavity wide outer leaf
Single leaf external walls
- Light duty meter box lintel 100mm brick
- Standard duty external wall lintel 100mm brick
- Heavy duty external wall lintel 100mm brick
- Extra heavy duty external wall lintel 100mm brick
- Extreme duty external wall lintel 100mm brick
Single leaf internal walls
Non load bearing walls:
Load bearing walls:
- Standard duty internal wall box lintel 100mm block
- Heavy duty internal wall box lintel 100mm block
- Extra heavy duty internal wall box lintel 100mm block
- Extreme duty internal wall box lintel 100mm block
- Standard duty internal wall box lintel 140mm block
- Heavy duty internal wall box lintel 140mm block
- Extra heavy duty internal wall box lintel 140mm block
- Extreme duty internal wall box lintel 140mm block
Solid wall lintels
- Standard duty solid wall lintel 200-215mm wall
- Heavy duty solid wall lintel 200-215mm wall
- Extra heavy duty solid wall lintel 200-215mm wall
- Extreme duty solid wall lintel 200-215mm wall
Timber frame lintels
We also offer a comprehensive free technical support service as forever changing regulations make lintel specification ever more complex, our highly experienced team is here to take the problem away from builders and specifiers:
Our support includes:
- CAD lintel schedules from drawings supplied
- Structural calculations for building regulations approval
- Test reports on lintels covering loading, fire resistance and other factors
- Advice on use of steel lintels in unusual situations such as reduced end bearings
- Detailed drawings to illustrate lintel usage in any particular situation
contact our technical support team now on:
Tel: 0191 411 2564
Fax: 0191 411 2558
For more technical information please visit our website at www.birtleylintels.co.uk or visit our literature section here on BPI
BRIDGING THE SKILLS GAP BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS AND EDUCATION
THE UK’S SKILLS GAP IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES FACING THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY.
Birtley Group has been working with a local college to support the students studying vocational construction courses by offering free building materials.
Graeme Miller, Managing Director at Birtley Group supports the initiative, he comments:
“We really want to support colleges and its students to ensure they are not only gaining a qualification, but they are enhancing their learning with products that are not included in the current curriculum such as complex bespoke lintels and arch formers used in plastering.”
Birtley Group delivered Expamet and Birtley Lintels products to the students so they can gain experience working with both common and the more challenging bespoke products used in construction projects across the UK.
According to a survey from national estate agents, Jackson Stops 77% of respondents wanted to see period style features such as bay windows, which requires a special bespoke lintel design. Offering these products as additional learning resources will prepare the students for their future careers.
Jason Howe, Head of Construction at Newcastle College is looking forward to growing the relationship with Birtley Group,
“These products will really help our students as they will be able to learn new techniques on non-standard products in line with the trends and market demands for period and unique features. Further Education colleges have been subject to a string of budget cuts over the years, so donations of products allow us to spend our budgets in other areas of the curriculum to give the students the best experience possible. “
For more information about this project, contact us on:
T: +44 (0) 191 410 6631
F: +44 (0) 191 410 0650
EXPAMET LAUNCH UPDATED PRODUCT GUIDES
The new literature includes two updated quick reference pocket guides to help our customers identify the product they need. In addition to this, there are also two new publications – Windposts and Masonry Support and Expanded Metal Mesh and Lath.
Gemma Smith, Marketing Manager at Expamet comments:
“Expamet offer a huge range of products, from wall ties to windposts we are able to offer a number of products needed in the building process – from initial construction to the final fit. With so many variations on offer, we have managed to use these publications to present our products in an orderly and easy to follow format.
“The Plasterer’s Accessories and Builders Metalwork pocket guides have proven to be very popular amongst our customers and the trade; they contain all of the vital specification information such as sizes and standards as well as any unique