NAYLOR INDUSTRIES PLC
Suppliers of: clay drainage pipes inspection chambers concrete lintels Jacking Pipes
Naylor Industries plc is a family controlled business with which has manufactured clay drainage pipes for over 125 years. The group employs over 380 people on sites in Yorkshire, West Midlands and Scotland, and also now supplies a wide range of plastic ducting pipes, channel drainage systems, access chambers and concrete lintels to markets as far afield as SE Asia and Australasia.
Customers have many guarantees of the quality of Naylor output: not least the company’s reputation and longevity. Naylor’s production facilities meet BS EN295 requirements which ensures that consistently high quality standards are maintained. Products are tested to relevant British and European standards and third party certificates obtained.
Naylor Drainage Ltd commenced clay drainage manufacture in 1890. It has evolved to become one of Europe’s leading drainage manufactures, producing some 2.5 million metres of pipes per annum. Continuous investment and development programmes have enabled Naylor to develop the most comprehensive range of clay drainage pipes and fittings available anywhere in the world.
The company offers a full range of vitrified clay underground drainage and conduits for the building, civil engineering, road construction, land drainage and electrical industries. Naylor vitrified clay underground drainage pipes are developed for sewerage drainage and manufactured to the stringent requirements of BS EN295.
More recently Naylor has developed a range of drainage products for specialised applications:
- Hathernware - thermal shock and chemically resistant pipes and fittings and Industrial Ceramics.
- Denlok - high performance clay drainage for trenchless installation
- Band-Seal - flexible pipe couplings
- Ducting Pipes - A range of plastic duct pipes and conduits for various services including gas supply, electric cables, telecommunication cables, street lighting and water supply. Naylor pipes meet the required compression strength to current Highways specifications and are supplied in various colours and markings to suit NJUG recommendations.
- Channel Drainage - A lightweight plastic linear surface water drainage channel and grate.
- HDPE Access Chambers - A range of plastic inspection and ducting chambers made for chemical resistant HPDE polyetheyne plastic.
Naylor manufacture Metrodrain HDPE twinwall stormwater drainage pipes which are also tested and approved for Building Regulations and Highways Agency use. Available either for stormwater drainage or perforated for land drainage. Naylor also manufacture perforated or unpreforated Agri-Drain, a single layer pipe which is a Kitemarked land drainage pipe.
Naylor Specialist Plastics started trading as Rateoval Ltd in 1983 and soon earned a reputation for delivering quality products and customer service. Naylor Specialist Plastics pride themselves on their ability to provide solutions for customers needing development samples, short production runs, special sizes or fabricated assemblies.
- Ventilation Ducting - wire reinforced ventilation ducting that can be used on exhaust or reversible systems. Ventilation ducting can be supplied made from flame retardant and anti-static pvc coated materials or varying strengths to meet customer requirements.
- Exhaust Ducting - can be supplied in any length up to 20m and any diameter from 200mm-1600mm. Wire reinforcement, strength and pitch can also be varied to meet the exhaust suction required.
Naylor Concrete Products Ltd is a manufacturer of concrete products:
- Concrete Lintels - Pre-Stressed Concrete and Steel Tray Lintels including an unrivalled range of specialised lintels with extra fire and chemical resistance, special finishes etc.
- Bespoke Precast Concrete Products - including specials, prefabricated and large scale units (up to 15 tonnes).
- Kingpost Retaining Wall System - also referred to as Berlin Walls and Soldier Piles. A cost effective post and panel retaining wall using prestressed concrete panels for both structural and non structrual retaining walls.
- EasiWall Interlocking Retaining Wall Blocks - A range of modular concrete retaining wall blocks that can be used for a wide range of applications including bunker walls and flood prevention
White’s Concrete - precast concrete storage solutions for use in the construction, agricultural and utilities industries to provide fast and economical storage of liquids and bulk materials.
Naylor Environmental SUDS Solution
Naylor’s Environmental division supply a innovative a range of sustainable SUDS solutions ranges include:
- Smart Sponge - is a synthetic polymer infill material that destroys bacteria and absorbs hydrocarbons or pathogen pollution in surface water, a unique and fully recyclable material..
- Grass Reinforcement Grids - of various grades including Enviroblock 40mm for temporary car parks, Enviroblock 50mm for heavier and more permanent applications and 70mm Integra for heavy duty applications.
- Aquavoid-ECO - is a 400kN/m2 attenuation crate for intermediate loadings and Hydroblox is a trench infiltration that does not clog and high strength block for SUDS applications.
- Adpave - cellular grass paving for car parks and grass reinforcement is made from 100% recycled polyethylene.
- GrassRoute - a no dig, rollout fast grass inforcement solution, heavy duty grass protection.
Naylor Celebrates 130 years
Yorkshire-based building material manufacturer Naylor Industries is celebrating its 130th year.
The company, which was founded as a clay pipe manufacturer by George Wilfred Naylor in 1890, remains in family hands under CEO Edward Naylor, the fourth generation of the family to head up the business.
Naylor was founded in the West Yorkshire village of Denby Dale and retains a Yorkshire focus today, with three of its five factories being in the Barnsley area.
More recently, Naylor has acquired manufacturing sites in Fife and the West Midlands.
While the company still manufactures clay pipes, recent decades have seen the business diversify, launching a range of plastic and concrete products and carrying out a multi-million pound programme of investment in its manufacturing capabilities.
Naylor is an active exporter, having sold its products into 65 international markets.
Although the company primarily supplies the construction industry, its Yorkshire Flowerpots business is now the UK’s largest manufacturer of terracotta garden pots.
Business turnover exceeds £55m and the company employs some 400 people.
Most recently, Naylor has been developing the next generation of the business with an active apprentice programme and a management trainee initiative, involving sponsorship of degree level studies.
Edward Naylor, chief executive, said: “We’re very proud of our history as very few businesses make it through to the fourth generation.
“But we’re always very keen to look forward as well as back, and our emphasis on innovation and diversification has been key to growing the business.
“We’re hoping that this – and the development of apprentices and other young people in the business – provide firm foundations for another 130 years of growth.”
Notice to our customers and suppliers
Given the rather extraordinary times in which we live, we wanted to give you an update from Naylor. As regards the current state of play, it is very much business as usual. All our factories are operating as normal; a very small number of our colleagues are self-isolating (although this is for precautionary reasons and we have no confirmed Coronavirus cases amongst our employee base).
We have heeded the Government’s guidance on social distancing and are trying to spread our employees as widely as possible across our offices and factories; in particular, we are trying to split up groups of people fulfilling similar roles to minimize the risk of losing key business functions.
We are perhaps fortunate that Construction, our main market, is an outdoor activity and hopefully will be less impacted than industries such as hospitality and travel.
At the moment, our customers are open, most construction sites seem to be operating normally and order intake is close to budget. We believe we have robust supply lines covering the main materials, products and services; these should allow us to offer a normal service for the foreseeable future.
We’re conscious that things are changing very quickly but this is as at today’s date, 20 March.
With every best wish from all at Naylor