GRASS CONCRETE LTD
142 THORNES LANE
WEST YORKSHIRE WF2 7RE
Tel: 01924 379443
Fax: 01924 290289
Suppliers of: Grass Reinforcement paving Grass Pavers GRASSCRETE RETAINING WALLS Erosion Control parking on grass, grass concrete systems, grass paving systems
Grass Concrete Limited is a UK based company dedicated to the promotion of Environmental Solutions to construction problems. The cornerstone of our development has been the unique Grasscrete permeable paving system that has become a world wide generic reference for reinforced grassed paving.
To match the reputation of Grasscrete and to meet the challenges of worldwide supply, we have a network of International Licensees and Agents to service your requirements. Although Grasscrete has remained very much at the forefront of our activity, it has been joined over the years by a range of products that offer environmental benefit.
Our commitment to clients includes free advice for project design, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of technical publications, Grasscrete provide solutions that are "Fit for Purpose". In the UK many of our products are supported by a laying service from our own Contracting Division.
OUR PRIMARY RANGE OF PRODUCTS ARE:
Reinforced grassed paving systems tend to be referred to in a number of different ways, including grass pavers, reinforced grass, turf pavers or even on very own Grasscrete system. Each of these terms can often be confusingly used as a generic reference for all available systems.
Here at Grass Concrete Limited we feel that we have the solution to that problem. Firstly we have the complete range of systems whether it be in concrete, plastic or geo-fabric system. Then we have a ’tell it as it is’ approach to our customers. This comes with technical design assistance and for UK projects an installation service by our own Contracts Division. Our grass reinforcement products include:
- grasscrete - A cast on site cellular reinforced concrete system, not to be confused with cellular concrete pavers. Grasscrete is load bearing up for to 40 tonnes gross vehicle weight, resists differential settlement and provides excellant drainage. Grasscrete is also widely installed for water engineering projects including reservoirs, spillways and water erosion control projects.
- grassblock - Ideal for not only grass reinforced paving but also slope protection. A advanced design for a safe walking platform and lower traffic vibration.
- grassroad - A licensed plastic paving system for a lower visual impact and suitable for occasional use such as overspill car parks. Available in in green and black.
- grasskerb - A dry fix HDPE kerb edge solution. Available as a 45mm deep for lawns and roofing applications and a heavier duty 60mm unit for grassblock applications.
The Betoconcept Range is a flexible mass gravity earth retaining walling system, a Dry-Build solution for earth retention or noise absorption.
Betoconcept interlocking concrete units enable a quick and easy construction process with a choice of plantable or stone finished faces, together with a range of colours. Our ranges of retaining wall blocks are available for retaining slopes up to 22m high and include:
- betoflor Hollow low height dry build interlocking concrete block walling for plants
- betoatlas Dry build interlocking retaining wall block for up to 10.6 metres high in a hollow plantable format
- betotitan A patented retaining wall block for heights of up to 22 metres. Dry build and plantable available in a range of colours
- betoplus A dry build interlocking system of concrete block walling that provides a low height, plantable solution with a curved face profile
- leromur Solid concrete retaining wall block for use on curved retaining wall applications
Grassroof is a simple green roof system that can be used for either Extensive or Intensive, new or retro-fit flat roof green roofing projects.
Grasscrete’s green roofing is available as two types. In the GRF/1 type, gaps in the paving layer is simply filled with a lightweight aggregate filter media and for the GRF/2 type paver it is bonded to the geotextile. By bonding to the geotextile the soil is held in place whilst still allowing rainwater to be drained off into a rainwater harvesting system. Grassroof system is lightweight and also provides improved thermal insulation.
Binwall is a large format, dry build, demountable concrete walling system that is ideal bin-store bunker walling system. Binwall makes a great choice for Quarries, Waste Transfer Stations, Re-cycling Plants, Bulk Storage Yards etc.
- Social Media: View Grass Concrete Ltd on Twitter / LinkedIn
- Video: video is available via the Grass Concrete website
Further technical information is available in the BPi download library or on the Grass Concrete website.
Grass Concrete Covers Qatar
Grass Concrete Covers Qatar
Wakefield based Grass Concrete Limited has established a new Licence for its Grasscrete and Grassroof paving systems with Urban Landscapes of Doha, Qatar.
The licence gives Urban Landscapes exclusive rights to sell into the vibrant Qatar construction and landscaping sector, where it has developed a strong reputation for innovation and delivery.
The Licence was signed at the Agriteq exhibition in Doha on the 21st March in the presence of Mr Peter Chamberlain the Deputy Head of Mission at the British Embassy in Doha.
Leading up to the Licence agreement Grass Concrete had already established a presence in Qatar with the supply of a large order for its Grasscrete system to the Al Bayt Stadium, scheduled to be a Semi-final venue for the 2022 World Cup Football Championships.
Speaking of this new agreement Grass Concrete’s owner and Managing Director Bob Howden OBE comments:
“Establishing a new international trading partnership can often be a long process of getting to know both the partner and the territory. It’s been rewarding therefore to find a partner in Qatar with such enthusiasm for our product range and with such connections to a dynamic local construction and landscaping sector.
With an ability to incorporate irrigation systems into its naturally grassed load-bearing structure Grasscrete’s potential in Qatar is significant and we look forward to a long and successful relationship with Urban Landscapes.”
Grass Concrete Introduces New Grass Roof
Grass Concrete Introduces New Grass Roof
Hitting the roof was the obvious next step for Grass Concrete Ltd, a company with proven credentials for environmental construction products.
The new Grassroof® is an overlay paving system that can be applied to new or existing flat roof structures. Grassroof® can be used as an extensive or simple-intensive paving layer, or as a base layer for intensive roof designs.
Grassroof units interlock together and can be laid either directly onto the roof membrane or via a foil backed polystyrene underlay.
A key element in simplifying the installation is the use with a Regarm moisture retaining blanket. The specification of Regarm will enable the omission of a soil layer reducing the volume of heavy bulk materials during installation.
Grassroof® with a simple “leave and lay” format incorporates sedum turf; no soil is required, and these succulent plants can store moisture. When installed, the lightweight system weighs as little as 4.39kg/m² providing an easy to install and maintain green solution.