SFS Group Fastening Technology Ltd.
153 KIRKSTALL ROAD
WEST YORKSHIRE LS4 2AT
Tel: 0330 0555 888
Suppliers of: Hinges, Fasteners, Fixings, Concealed Hinges, Cladding Fixings, Thermally Broken Fasteners.
SFS is the world’s leading manufacturer of carbon and stainless steel fastener components for the building envelope, as well as innovative rainscreen sub-frame systems, high performance door hinges and award winning fall protection systems. SFS are a Swiss headquartered company with annual sales in excess of £1.4bn.
Based in Leeds for over 100 years with offices in Welwyn Garden City, for more information on SFS products please visit our website to find out more at: www.uk.sfs.com or give us a call on: +44 (0)330 0555 888
SFS are the only EU manufacturer of stainless steel construction fasteners in various steel grades. We provide carbon, A2, A4 and A5 fasteners. We support architects in specifying the right product for the application and sustainability and aesthetic attributes required. Our products use austenitic stainless steel to ensure that the buildings they are used on won’t fail due to corrosion.
Our Product rage consists of:
- Single & twin skin construction - A new generation of stainless steel self-drilling fasteners. Our answer to the emerging challenges in industrial light construction is a new range of stainless steel drilling fixings. These components offer enormous benefits.
- Standing Seam and Secret Fix - Easy installation of halters for standing seam roofs. SDK fasteners, specially developed for halters, leave nothing to be desired in terms of ease-of-use and long term security.
- Composite Panels - Fast and comfortable fixing of composite panels. SFS offers the answer with the SXC family. These fixings fulfil a host of requirements.
- Structural Connection - Simple, reliable fixing in high tensile steel. Increasing demands in terms of security and product durability increasingly call for the use of high quality steel fasteners in industrial construction.
- Rivets - Efficient fastening solutions for thin metal sheet applications with our range of Multi range blind rivets and Folding blind rivets BULB-TITE®
- Tools & Accessories - Time is money; especially on site. That’s why productivity-improving installation tools have always been a feature of the SFS service package.
- isotak® system - For attachment of membrane and insulation reducing thermal bridging in flat roof and cold storage construction applications.
- isoweld® system - Innovative induction welding system which welds adhesive coated plates to single ply membrane.
- isofast® system - a fully metallic system consisting of special fasteners and stress plates for fastening membranes and insulation to a range of substrates.
- TDBL nonut® - for secure steel-to-steel connections in diverse fields of application - a fastener without a NUT!
- MULTI-MONTI® - an innovative and secure anchorage bolt for concrete and walling.
- Hinges for PVC - Our PVC hinge product range is specially matched to the needs of the end user. We offer both standard PVC hinges and also PVC hinges for special applications. Our PVC hinge portfolio includes the Dynamic 2D, Dynamic 3D and Estetic 2D.
- Hinges for composite - The new Dynamic 2D-C and Dynamic 2D-F hinges have the same benefits of the original Dynamic range for PVC-U doors, namely great aesthetics, adjustability, security and durable performance.
- Hinges for timber - Quality, performance, load support strength and modern design are the hallmarks of our door and window hinges for the timber market.
- Hinges for aluminium - Inspired by the latest trends, SFS has introduced a complete programme of hinges for steel and aluminium doors. The Just 3D for steel frames and the Dynamic 3D for aluminium head up this range.
- MC - Mechanical Corner Fixing System. The competitiveness of a timber window can be improved drastically with single part production. The special features of the new MC fixing system for the mechanical corner fixing contribute decisively to the economic efficiency of this new manufacturing technology.
- Accessories and fitting tools - SFS offers hinge covers, slip-over heads, milling guides, drilling patterns, gauges and all sorts of other useful installation aids to help make the most of SFS hinges.
Window Installation Systems
- JB-D® - The JB-D® installation system allows for scheduled, accurate window and doorset installation in accordance with RAL guidelines and accommodates all dead and imposed loads. Used for aluminium, timber and PVCu windows, the system is ideal for high rise residential and commercial buildings.
- Frame Fixings - Our SPTR range of fasteners provide fixing and adjustment solutions for our window installation systems for all substructures and our FB range of frame fixings can be used without plugs on window frames. These fixings allow easy installation of window frames in various walling materials.
From John O’Groats to Lands End, we’ve supplied products for new and refurbished projects throughout the UK.
SFS aims to increase awareness of all aspects of construction from building envelope to hinge technology, take a look at our range of CPD seminars:
- Rainscreen Cladding Systems
- Airtightness & Thermal Efficiency for Roofing & Cladding Systems
- Evolution to Innovation - Fixing of Warm Roofs
- Hinge Technology - Design, Function and Compliance
- Social Media: View SFS on Twitter / LinkedIn
- Video: Access ACO Product Videos on YouTube
- CPD’s: Take a look at our range of CPD seminars
- The SFS Academy: our custom-built academy, showroom and hands-on training facility brings together industry professionals to learn and share Knowledge click here to find out more
Further detailed technical information can be found in our catalogues, brochures and technical data in our Download centre or in our BPIndex library.
SFS Talks | Creating energy-efficient buildings through the building envelope
Join David Fraser, Business Unit Manager for Rainscreen Subframe Systems, Ben Kemp, Product Engineer, and Neil Kirwan, Specification Manager at SFS UK Division Construction, on Friday 10th December or Tuesday 14th December at 1pm.
As they summarise the Part L building regulations and how architects and specifiers can work smarter to help reduce our carbon emissions through the building envelope, and contribute to a more sustainable future.
You can view this webinar from your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
After sign-up you will receive an email with a link to join the webinar.
To sign up for the Webinar simply click the link below and register your interest:
SOK-IT For fast reliable installations
As construction constantly evolves so do the tools and methodology used to create our buildings. This demands on time, the availability of tools and in some cases in-experience can lead to incorrect choices being made that ultimately impact the performance of the building post construction. If the errors are recognised during construction then re-work is required impacting build program and adding additional cost, alternatively the errors are not found (or ignored) which leaves a gap between the design performance and actual.
Introducing SOK-IT with its primary purpose to reduce poor installations due to wrong setting of a Tek gun.
Features & Benefits
• Minimises fastener breakages due to incorrect setting of tool
• Reduces downtime and costs due to safe installation
• Two different torque levels (6+8Nm) for different applications and fasteners
• 5000 pcs. guaranteed safe installations when used correctly