ROCKWOOL Ltd, Rockpanel
Suppliers of: rainscreen cladding boards rainscreen cladding, external cladding
Rockpanel sustainable facade cladding boards
Rockpanel is part of the ROCKWOOL International AS. The company manufactures sustainable cladding boards for external cladding, facades, soffits and ventilated rainscreens. Rockpanel board material is made from basalt rock.
With Rockpanel exterior cladding boards you can deliver cutting edge facades such as layering, curves and organic shapes. The board material is also cost effective and quick and easy to install. Our products combine all the benefits of stone and wood, and are perfect for use in sustainable developments. Rockpanel boards have been used for many years, in countries throughout Europe for:
As rainscreen cladding in ventilated constructions, the boards provide a cost efficient and stylish finish for any building, whether a refurbishment or new build project.
Rockpanel products are used in a large range of building projects such as:
- Residential houses and apartments
- Commercial, education, health
- Industrial buildings and warehouses
Please view our gallery of case studies for inspiration.
The unique properties of Rockpanel board material make it a highly suitable architectural choice for the external cladding and is exceptionally well suited for application including: rainscreen cladding, rooflines such as fascias and soffit boards, dormer window cladding and other detailing such as on ceilings, entrances and lower façades.
Rockpanel board material is a unique product and offers a number of exceptional properties:
- A Lightweight Panel. As workable as wood; the product is lightweight and can be easily cut to size on site. The boards are quick and easy to install.
- A Flexible Board. they are flexible, they can follow the contour of any design, shaping and curving to achieve the desired effect.
- A Fire-safe Panel. Rockpanel board material is certified to EN 13501-2 and depending on the bearing constructions in some case a sub classification of s1 can be reached. With Rockpanel FS-Xtra a non combustible grade of board with a fire classification A2-s1, d0 can be specified,
- A Sustainable Board. Rockpanel board material is environmentally friendly, sustainable and 100% recyclable. Rockpanel board material is approved as an A+/A rated facade cladding by BRE Global.
- Low-maintenance External Cladding & Fascias. As durable as stone and therefore resistant to the elements. By cladding a building with ROCKPANEL products your buildings façade will retain its original looks for many years to come, does not rot or degrade and is very dimensionally stable.
- Vapour-permeable Roofline Cladding. In most cases, ROCKPANEL boards are manufactured with a vapour permeable coating. Because of this, it is possible to use the panels (under specific conditions) in non-ventilated applications.
Rockpanel exterior cladding boards assortment
Different characteristics are available depending upon the application you require. These include ‘Durable’ ‘Xtreme’ or the new non combustible ‘FS-Xtra’ finish.
- ROCKPANEL Rockclad - The range offers a wide variety of over 100 standard colours and we can even create a colour to fit your design vision exactly.
- ROCKPANEL Ply - A primed board material that can be given a finish coat in any colour you choose, simply by painting it like normal plyboard.
- ROCKPANEL Woods - Rockpanel Woods is available in oak and ebony finishes alongside a range of standard, natural look non-repeating wood finishes.
- ROCKPANEL Stones - Rockpanel Stones is available in 11 designs and combines the look and feel of real stone with light weight and easy processing.
- ROCKPANEL Lines² - panels with a tongue and groove edge suitable for horizontal and/or vertical application in ventilated constructions. Available in a smaal and extra wide. A durable and low maintenance alternative to wooden or plastic tongue-and-groove products.
- ROCKPANEL Metallics - Give it shine and lustre with a modern engineered facade of ROCKPANEL Metallics. The metallic sheen created with the Metallics range plays with the light to create unexpected colours and effects.
- ROCKPANEL Natural - Under the influence of climate the look of this durable board material changes. Sunlight produces a natural weathering and colouration of the boards comparable to that of other natural materials such as wood, concrete, steel, and so forth.
ROCKPANEL Chameleon - The range is finished with a unique crystal layer which, depending on the angle from which it’s viewed and the effect of light, appears to dramatically change colour.
- ROCKPANEL Brilliant - This board material range offers you plenty of opportunities to use your imagination. Be amazed by how the boards sparkle during the day yet harmonise with their environment in the evening.
Further Technical information is available to download from the BPi PDF library or from the manufacturers own web site.
Façade cladding to future proof existing residential building blocks – New free book
The homes of our future are already built.
Renovation-Book-Mockup_UKGlobally, more than 50 percent of our existing buildings will be in use in 2050. In OECD countries the number is 75-90 percent. In Europe alone, it is estimated 97 percent of these buildings need partial or deep renovation to meet the highest energy standard. These buildings may be renovated only once more before 2050.
This means that renovation must focus on getting these properties ready for whatever the future may hold. They should be long lasting, safe and durable and ready for a change of purpose. Rockpanel is here to support you during every stage of your renovation process – from design to installation.
Find out more in our free book “The home of our future are already built”. Get inspired and learn more about renovating multi-unit residential façade. Order it for free here: https://www.rockpanel.co.uk/multi-unit-housing-renovation-solutions/
Campion Academy School delighted and overwhelmed by Rockpanel
Campion is a popular Secondary Academy School situated at the heart of its diverse Sydenham community in Royal Leamington Spa. The school is engaged in a four year expansion project, phase one of which has concluded with the completion of a new 17 classroom maths and science block.
Pick Everard were appointed by building owners, Warwickshire County Council, as architect for the project, with Ashe Construction as main contractor and SD Samuels responsible for installation of the Rockpanel facades.
Delighted and overwhelmed by results
Campion School Business Manager Brian Langley, “We are simply delighted with the result and our pupils have been overwhelmed at the design and usability of the building and its landscaping. One obvious feature, so often mentioned by our pupils and school visitors alike, is the Rockpanel Chameleon cladding which envelopes the whole building with its ever-changing colour pallet depending on the time of day, weather and position around the building. This feature has fascinated the pupils and is very apt in regard to the clever science behind its construction.”
The school is formed by three rectangular structures using a mix of single pitch and flat roof profiles set at slight angles to one another. The architecture draws on a limted scheme of materials which includes grey brick, light render and grey windows and doors under a Zinc coloured low profile standing seam metal composite roof to create a contemporary but unfussy aesthetic, offset by a two storey glazed entrance at one end with a curved canopy set above slim, angled circular support beams. One long side of the building sits at the base of a low grassy bank which limits its impact on the land around it.
The Rockpanel Chameleon cladding is set along the whole of the two long elevations in a solid horizontal band of vertical rectangular panels between the two floors with additional panels extending between the windows at ground and first floor levels to form 6 columns. The central band of cladding continues through the main entrance elevation.
The unique characteristics of Chameleon
Chameleon transforms any facade into an eye-catching feature that is constantly changing, always striking and inspiring. The angle from which it is viewed and the effect of the sunlight has the effect of altering the surface colour of this unique offering. The range is available in a matt finish and in a choice of three grades of gloss. At Campion the colour spectrum changes from purple through green to blue, but other colour variations are also available. Ths phenomenon is made possible by a special crystal effect layer which will last throughout the product’s long life.
Made from natural and sustainable volcanic basalt rock with an organic binder, all Rockpanel facades are highly resilient, weather, temperature and UV resistant, requiring little or no maintenance. It is lightweight and easy to cut on site without the need to seal edges – making installation quicker, saving time and money. At Campion the panels were fixed with resilient powder coated rivets.
Rockpanel’s John Porter, “Rockpanel Chameleon enables specifiers to explore new possibilities and realise their most creative ambitions. It can satisfy the most rigorous fire safety standards, making it the perfect choice for both new build, renovation or retro-fit. Rockpanel has been used extensively in the education sector and The Rockpanel team is always on-hand to offer bespoke, comprehensive technical information and support.”
For more information about this or any of our projects visit our website at www.rockpanel.co.uk