NORMANBY ENTERPRISE PARK
NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE DN15 9YH
Tel: 08702 406 107
Fax: 08702 406 116
Suppliers of: Dry Verge Systems, Window Trim, Architraves, Cladding, Fascias, Bargeboards and Soffits, Eaves Ventilators, Fascia Board, Textured Cladding, PVCu Waste Recycling, Foiled Profiles, Roof Ventilation Systems
Established since 1990 Kestrel has been at the forefront of U-PVC and PVC-UE manufacturing for over 30 years. A leading supplier and manufacturer of plastic products to the building and construction industry Kestrel offer one of the widest ranges of U-PVC, PVC-UE roofline and cladding products in the world, manufacturing over 2 million metres of profile every month.
The Kestrel range of products extend to over 800 products most of which are BBA and BS kitemark approved and all products are manufactured within an ISO9001 quality management system and within an environmental management system which satisfies the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2004
Kestrel is also independently certified to BES 6001 meaning they have met stringent manufacturing criteria to achieve this “green” standard.
Kestrel products include:
- Fascias – Kestrel offer a full range of fascia including bullnose, square, long leg, flush and ogee styles in a wide variety of different sizes and colours.
- UPVC Soffits – Kestrel soffit / multi-purpose boards made from PVC-U come in either a clip lock or general push-fit system. There are various different options such as ventilated or double edged in a range of different sizes and colours including anthracite grey.
- Cladding – UPVC Cladding including vented, shiplap, open V joint and textured cladding are all available in our vast array of different colours and sizes to suit your needs.
- Dry Verges - Kestrel’s dry verge offering consists of two systems: Verge Master - a handed system with specific handed verge units for each side of the verge of the roof - left and right. Predominantly for new build but also suited to refurbishment jobs. Verge Wizard - a universal system with just one style of verge unit which can be used on both sides of the verge of the roof, hence universal. Predominantly for refurbishment projects but can also be used on new build projects too.
- Rainwater – The Kestrel Kayflow system offers a variety of UPVC rainwater styles that not only add the finishing touches to any home but also have the added benefit of being maintenance free.
- CraftCover – This is Kestrels UPVC rafter cover system which covers exposed rafters to avoid priming, undercoating and painting exposed rafters.
- Ventilation – Kestrel offer a range of different eaves ventilation products and K-Shield over fascia ventilation products for all your roofline needs.
- Window Boards - Kestrel offer a wide range uPVC 9mm bullnosed / hockey fascia capping boards and 22mm laminated windowboards for all exterior or interior window cill applications.
- Window Trims - Kestrel offer a full range of UPVC window finishing trims, window angles and quadrants in a variety of sizes and colours.
- Architraves - From 25mm to 100mm, Kestrel’s architrave boards come in a variety of sizes and styles including - Pencil round, Flat back, Ridged back and Ogee and can also be used as internal skirting boards too.
- Cills - Kestrel manufacure long lasting and low maintenace range of UPVC cills for internal and external use in a variety of sizes and colours.
- Fixings - Kestrel offer a complete range of nails, pins and fixings, ideal for all of the various kinds of Kestrel’s UPVC installations. A wide variety of fixings to give the perfect finish to any installation.
- Soil System – The Kestrel Kayflow Soil System offers a comprehensive range of high gloss PVC-u soils system components for low maintenance. Both lightweight and durable the Kayflow system is easy to install and is compatible with most other UK systems. From Soil pipes to clay adapters and hoppers, we have it all.
For more information visit our website here or take a look at our social media below:
Further technical information is available in the BPi download library or the Kestrel Website
Kestrel swoops into NMBS Exhibition Sept 2021
Kestrel swoops into NMBS Exhibition
The team at leading roofline manufacturer Kestrel are swooping back to normality with their first in-person exhibition in September.
Kestrel will be showcasing their fascias, soffits, cladding, rainwater and window-line products at the NMBS Exhibition on September 8 and 9.
There’s even a chance to win a tablet device for anyone who visits the Kestrel stall and has the best estimator skills.
Kestrel Sales and Marketing Director Owen Thorogood said: “After months of Zoom and Teams meetings, we are really looking forward to the NMBS Exhibition and meeting independent merchants face-to-face.
“Virtual meetings have been a godsend, but the NMBS Exhibition is a great opportunity for merchants to see samples and get to grips with Kestrel products, discuss the range with our team and have the opportunity to win a tablet device in the process!”
All visitors to the Kestrel stand can enter the competition by guessing the meterage, to the nearest mm, of a prize-winning Kestrel installation. The winner will be announced at the end of the event.
The NMBS Exhibition takes place on September 8 and 9 at the Coventry Building Society Arena, Coventry.
To register for a free ticket to the NMBS Exhibition go to: nmbs.co.uk.
Based in Lincolnshire, Kestrel manufactures and supplies a wide range of PVC-UE roofline, cladding and window-line products extending to more than 800 items, the majority of which are BBA and BS Kitemark approved.
Kestrel manufactures more than two million metres of profile every month within an ISO9001 quality management system.
Team effort helps Kestrel soar
Team effort helps Kestrel soar
Meeting the challenges presented by the Covid pandemic has been a team effort for UPVC roofline manufacturer Kestrel.
Despite global shortages in materials, ongoing restrictions affecting how people work and an unprecedented surge in demand for its fascia, cladding and other products, Kestrel is running with an impressive 95% average OTIF (on time and in full) delivery rate.
Kestrel sales and marketing director Owen Thorogood explained that in the early days of the pandemic, a small team across all departments worked together to plan for reopening. This multi-department approach was the groundwork for Kestrel’s team approach to managing through the difficult times.
There are regular communications across different departments using Teams and Whatsapp to give directors and managers a clear overview of all aspects of the business.
“Raw material supply has been difficult, however good forward planning and daily management of the process has meant we haven’t seen the issues that we know others have faced,” Owen said. “It’s ongoing, but we continue to manage,”
Meanwhile staff have played their part, not least in observing social distancing and other restrictions, which in turn is helping production levels.
“We’ve experienced great support from our staff and have, thankfully, had low levels of Covid diagnosis and absences,” Owen said. “Staff have kept to the processes in place on site to mitigate against the risk of transmission.
“We have also maximised people’s roles, with cross-functional training in all areas.”
To make sure Kestrel stockists have the products they need, the customer services team have started sending out emails to remind them of delivery days and ensure they submit orders within agreed lead-times.
And that effort is paying off as TD Building Supplies of Huddersfield explained. “It’s amazing that despite all of the difficulties and challenges of Covid, you can still order your Kestrel stock on a Monday and it’s here by the Thursday,” they said.
Looking ahead, the Kestrel team believe that the experience of managing in a pandemic has helped bring in some positive changes.
“We have an experienced team of managers and directors, with a good overview of different aspects of the business and we’ve learnt to adapt quickly,” Owen added. “We know that communicating, forward planning and keeping customers informed is the key to meeting any challenges ahead.”