GROUND GUARDS LTD
Suppliers of: ground protection, ground covers, kerb protection,kerb covers, temporary roadways, temporary trackways, car parks, paths, grass reinforcement, Ground-Guards Ground Protection Mats.
Ground Guards Ltd a division of the global GreenTek Group, established in 1969. Provide access solutions for everything from construction sites and drilling rigs, to pedestrian walkways and wheelchairs access. When it comes to minimising your reinstatement costs, protecting your on-site assets and keeping your projects on schedule and within budget we have the right solution for you.
If site safety, project efficiency and a healthy return on investment are your primary goals, then Ground-Guards is perfectly placed to meet all your construction needs. With a thorough understanding of the industry, we appreciate that time is money and efficiency is everything. That’s why our ground protection solutions are designed to be simple, fast and easy to use. Also, when using any ground protection solutions from Ground-Guards Ltd, you have the satisfaction of dealing with a green-focused company that has a policy of recycling, waste reduction, pollution elimination and energy and water conservation with all ground protection solution products.
We have a vast range of products to suit every requirement together with the expertise and knowledge to advise you on your best solution.
Our product range includes:
- MultiTrack – The original and best ground protection system for essential ground care in the construction industry.
- MaxiTrack – This new system is a truly innovative approach to temporary ground protection. The lightweight 40kg mats can easily be handled by two workers without the need for specialist lifting equipment yet the mats are extremely heavy duty and incredibly strong; we guarantee them against breakage by vehicles up to 130 tonnes.
- FastCover – Made from 100% recycled PVC FastCover is easy to lay flooring that is strong and versatile offering a vast range of solutions across a multitude of different uses from carparks and walkways to factory and warehouse flooring.
- MudStopper – When a vehicle needs to leave an un-paved site onto a paved road area MudStopper effectively removes debris and mud from vehicle tyres.
- XTremeMat – Made for use in the harshest of environments these ultra-tough HDPE mats have a hard foam inner core, designed specially to give buoyancy. So you can make access roads across boggy ground, through swamps, or even floating on water.
- Kerbguards - These re-usable kerb protectors, made from heavy-duty 100% recycled PVC, absorb impacts and shield your kerbs from damage by site machinery, dumpers and delivery lorries. KerbGuards provide a huge saving of time, labour, aggravation and money by having to remove or replace Kerbs.
- Euromat – For temporary access over soft or sensitive ground, EuroMat is the essential ground protection mat for construction, civil engineering and ground work industries. With the ability to handle up to 80 tonnes and only weighing just 35kgs Euromat saves you a lot of time and money.
- Basetrack - Designed to use beneath MultiTrack or MaxiTrack, BaseTrack 8kg mats are lightweight and quick and easy to install.
- Litetrack - LiteTrack is the cost-effective trackway of choice to safely support vehicles and pedestrians; perfect for protecting the ground during general building works, events and shows.
- Zappmat - Zapp your brand and get your company noticed every step of the way with Zappmat’s range of corporate branded ground mats. Available to match your own bespoke corporate colours and logo, ZappMat is the perfect way to enhance your brand like never before.
- Trenchguards - For street cover that is safe, strong and second to none, the TrenchGuard system sets a new standard in trench cover safety. Featuring special interlocking flange joints to eliminate panel movement, an anti-slip tread pattern for extra foot and wheel grip and high visibility yellow reflective strips, TrenchGuard is safe and secure.
- Matrax - The Matrax high-performance system is custom designed for use in stadiums and other large-scale venues that wish to maximise their revenue by hosting other events.
- Budgetmat - Ground-Guards’ Budget Mat – the cost-effective trackway of choice for all your lighter duty applications.
- Trenchplate - For a heavy duty, easy to handle and extremely safe trench cover system, TrenchPlate is the modern lightweight alternative to traditional steel road plates.
- GeoGrid® - cellular paving system enables the fast and efficient implementation of ground reinforcement and stabilisation. The cellular design of the grids allows the dispersion of excess rain or flood water which makes it ideal for integration with Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS) and in areas prone to flooding or with water dispersion problems.
Further technical information is available in the BPi download library or on the Ground Guards website.
Ground Guards Social distancing walkway installed at Covid-19 Test Centre
CoviDistance Mat Packs: black & yellow mats facilitate walkway segregation
Covid Test Centre, West Yorkshire
A new Covid-19 Test Centre, located in West Yorkshire, required safe access to the portable cabins that had been temporarily set up on a grass field.
Thousands of people would be using the Test Centre over the coming months, so a safe, reliable walkway system was needed that could direct people to the entrance along one pathway and out of the exit along another.
Since the winter months were making the grass wet and fairly muddy, it was important that the large volume of foot traffic would not churn up the grass or cause any unwanted slips, trips or accidents.
Even more importantly, the client needed a solution that would help people maintain a strict two metre social distancing whilst they queued to enter the Centre.
The experienced GroundGuards’ team have undertaken similar projects at Covid-19 Test Centres in Liverpool, Suffolk and Wolverhampton, and so they had no hesitation in recommending the FastCoverPlus matting system as the perfect solution to satisfy all the client’s requirements.
Bought as part of a special CoviDistance Pack Deal, which includes eight black mats and two yellow ones per pack, the mats were configured so that every fifth mat is yellow – a strong visual reminder to help people stay socially distant, and a much more robust and longer term solution than just using spray paint.
FastCoverPlus ground protection mats, each measuring 1.2 x 0.6m x 22mm and weighing only 14.5kg, feature convenient hand holes so they can easily be carried by hand and installed quickly with no specialist joining equipment needed.
This enabled two workers to install over 100 metres of pathway in under half a day!
The mats have an anti-slip tread for maximum safety, and once connected they remain strong, durable and very high performing.
The client was delighted with quality of the FastCoverPlus mats, the speed and ease of installation, and the yellow delineation on the walkways.
With thousands of people using the paths for the duration of the pandemic and possibly beyond, this solution was absolutely fit for purpose; the end result looking neat and smart and keeping the Test Centre’s users separated and safe.
Since Covid-19 testing is so important during these difficult times, GroundGuards did not charge any fee for installation services.
EnviroMat protects cellular pavers on housebuilding site
A Surrey-based landscaping contractor, who specialise in providing a total landscaping service for the housebuilding industry, approached GroundGuards recently for some ground protection advice for one of their upcoming projects.
The company’s landscaping solutions include building a beautiful show home garden, through to landscaping all the individual house plots on a new estate. On top of this, they also create communal recreation areas including playgrounds and sports facilities.
For this current project, a large area had originally been constructed using plastic cellular pavers with gravel infill.
But to landscape the new estate, it was necessary to traffic 8 wheeler tipper lorries over this area for a period lasting several weeks, so a temporary trackway was needed to protect the pavers.
Turning to GroundGuards for a solution; we recommended the new EnviroMat M31 ground protection system. These virtually unbreakable mats are made from a premium blend of 100% recycled high density polyethylene.
Measuring 3 x 1m, the mats are larger than the more conventional 2.4 x 1.2m size, which was a distinct advantage for this job. It enabled a solid 3m wide trackway to be quickly installed, which was the ideal width for the HGV traffic, ensuring that the surface beneath was fully protected.
The client was delighted with the result, the speed of installation and the excellent level of paver protection that the EnviroMat product offers. The mats also look really neat and smart on site.
GroundGuards has a wide range of trackway mats of different sizes from 2 x 1m right up to 4 x 2m, ensuring that we have exactly the right product for a vast array of applications.
If you have an upcoming project we can help you with too, please get in touch with our friendly team of ground protection experts today.
+44 (0)113 267 6000