120-128 Wrenthorpe Road
West Yorkshire WF2 OJN
Tel: 01924 371 791
Fax: 01924 386 001
Suppliers of: solar control systems, curtains, cubicle tracking systems, roller blinds, commercial blinds, venetian blinds, vertical blinds, curtain tracks, motorised blinds, louvre systems, external blind systems.
Dearnleys Limited are one of the country’s leading manufacturers of high quality blinds, solar shading solutions as well as curtain and track systems for the commercial and public sectors. With over 80 years of experience working with architects, engineers and specifiers we can always provide the most appropriate solution to meet your requirements and budgets.
To ensure you have one point of contact and that we co-ordinate our technical, manufacturing and installation teams to meet your requirements every project we undertake has a dedicated Project Manager.
As specialists in the commercial, leisure and public building sector we provide all types of internal and external window blinds, cubicle and curtain tracks as well as curtains, shutters and insect screens. All our solutions are designed for the environments in which they will be used. You can be assured of attention to detail in product design, manufacture and installation due to our extensive experience and our quality procedures to ensure products are fit for purpose.
A particular specialism for Dearnleys is in the healthcare and educational sectors, where, for over half a century we have been designing, manufacturing and installing products in these multi-user environments.
Our Product range includes:
- Cubicle Track Systems - This cubicle track system consists of an aluminium track which has two extruded channels within the design. The top channel maximises connection positions and suspension variations. A dust cover strip reduces the risk of cross infection.
The lower channel allows for the gliders to run smoothly.
- Curtain Tracks - All Dearnleys tracks are made of extruded aluminium with a range of gliders options for hanging the curtains and a number of fixing options to allow for face fix and top fix.
- External Awning Systems - This external solar shading system consists of a range of options to cope with most glazing types. All metal components are made from aluminium or stainless steel and the fabrics used are highly durable, fade, stretch and weather resistant.
- External Venetian Blind Systems - Slats are made using a high quality stove-enamelled finish and are better at reducing unwanted heat gain than that of an internal system. Again these solar shading options are designed to cope with most glazing and curtain walling types and are powered by a 240v motor housed within the headrail.
- Internal and External Louvre Blind Systems - This solar shading system consists of rack arms onto which either aluminium or timber slats are securely held. The slats can then be adjusted to attenuate the light entering the space.
- KLINIK Vertical Blinds - Dearnleys KLINIK range is designed for the primary health care industry. With its antimicrobial coating the KLINIK range can help reduce the risk and spread of AMR infections such as MRSA.
- Roller Blind Systems - Our internal roller blind systems offer a range of fabrics securley fastened onto an aluminium barrel and have a range of operating systems as well as a vast range of bottom bars to give that unique designer look.
- Room Darkening Blind Systems - Darkening Blind Systems also known as DIM OUT BLINDS are designed for use in commercial environments where ease of operation, low maintenance and durability are required.
- Tensioned Roller Blind Systems - These tensioned systems are generally used where there are large vertical or horizontal areas. With motors at either end to keep the tension of the blind taut and remove the the problem of unsightly drooping. These systems come with a vast range of different operating methods, material and hardware colours to suit your needs.
- Venetian Blind Systems - This solar shading system consists of a steel head and bottom rail together with aluminium or wooden slats. The slats can be tilted to accurately attenuate the amount of light entering the space.
- Vertical Blind Systems - This solar shading system consists of an aluminium headrail with flame retardant fabric louvres all flame retardant to BS 5867.
Through Dearnleys you can have access to probably the largest selection of internal and external blind solutions available in the UK. Whilst many of the projects we deal with are for products that are standard within our portfolio we also offer bespoke solutions from simple colour matching right through to design, manufacture and installation of one-off solutions to meet your exact requirements.
As you would expect from one of the largest providers of solar shading in the contract market we have the necessary experience and resources to undertake any project.
Dearnleys are certified to ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management).
Astralux a trading arm of Dearnleys have a range of products installed and supported by authorised distributors for many years and have become one of the most popular contract solar shading ranges in the UK.
All products are designed for the rigours of use in commercial and public buildings. The Astralux range is regularly augmented and enhanced to provide specifiers and designers with ideal solutions.
Astralux products have been installed in; hospitals, offices, schools, colleges and universities, hotels, sports facilities, art galleries, military establishments and places of worship.
To View the range of Astralux products please click here.
For further information on all our products and services, please visit our web site www.dearnleys.com or download our brochures from our BPi library.
No reflections at the refectory, thanks to Dearnleys
The Refectory at the University of Leeds was an iconic 2,100 seater music venue which saw performances from many of the major recording artists of the 70s, 80s and 90s. The Who recorded their landmark live album, Live at Leeds, at this very venue.
Now, as its name suggests, the building is once again a meeting and eating place for students and staff and open seven days a week.
Dearnleys were contracted to supply and install screen printed roller blinds as well as standard rollers to windows.
All blinds were made using heavy duty hardware and flame retardant fabric and installed on time and on budget.
Dearnleys have extensive experience in the education sector in the UK and you can see more examples of projects here, and galleries of images.
To find out how Dearnleys can help you please go to http://www.dearnleys.com
Another college expertly shaded by Dearnleys
Elliott Hudson College in Leeds is in the top 5 highest performing colleges in the country for the progress of A level students in 2017.
A few years ago, Dearnleys fitted out Phase 1 of a new build at this site with Nu Construction with 125 nbr Astralux 3000 roller blinds and when BAM were awarded the contract to build a new sixth form centre it was Dearnleys again who were contracted to supply all solar shading products to this leading college.
On this £11m project, which was designed to bring all six form students and staff together on one site, Dearnleys supplied and installed:
• 88 nbr Astralux 3000 roller blinds with screen and room darkening fabrics
• 6 nbr Astralux 4010 chain operated cassetted room darkening blinds
• Silent Gliss 6100 cubicle track.
To find out how Dearnleys can help you please go to http://www.dearnleys.com/contact