CLEMENT WINDOWS GROUP LTD
Originally a listed manor house and two separate barns, this Essex home has been transformed to provide stunning new accommodation and extra living space for the owners who have lived there for over 30 years. The timber framed barns had previously been extended in size with new Red Essex Brick. It was decided to remove these as part of the renovation and only keep the original bricks, resulting in a fabulous fusion of traditional and modern. The old timber frames remain as a feature inside. Over 20 Clement Conservation Rooflights were chosen in various sizes and profiles. They lie perfectly flush in both the slate and tile sections of roof in keeping with the original character of the buildings and are top hung with 300mm brass pole winders.
We were delighted when the owner of this fantastic Art Deco home in the West Midlands got in touch with us to discuss replacing the windows and doors at her home. Although the property is not listed, our client wanted to retain the character of her home which meant replacing the windows and doors with a product which matched the originals – so it had to be steel! Clement EB20 steel windows and doors provide the stunning slim frames of the original fenestration but offer a much improved specification, making them the perfect choice.
Clement Windows Group was requested to supply and install the custom- made steel windows and door screens used for the shop fronts on the ground level. A combination of products was specified from both hot rolled and cold formed steel profiles all with polyester powder paint surface coatings. These included Clement W40 steel windows which sit beside and above the doors, the Jansen Economy 50 range of single and double doors and Jansen Economy 60 range of bi fold doors. The Project Manager, Ben Styles said “The Clement W40 steel windows and the Jansen Economy doors provided us with the slender, elegant frames we wanted for this Central London development, giving the shop fronts a contemporary look while remaining true to the urban origins of the site. Clement delivered to our timescales, and we would use them again.” You can view the case study here: https://clementwindows.co.uk
Mary Weaver was the Houses Editor on Livingetc for over a decade so she knows a thing or two about design! We were delighted that she chose Clement to manufacture and install the new steel doors she required for her beautiful new home in Brighton. Mary now lives in a wonderful Regency Town House. The kitchen is located on the lower ground floor which is where the two new doors have been installed. They bring in lots of natural light and open out into the charming walled garden. Mary commented: “I love my new steel doors which make the room much lighter and warmer and encourage the indoor-outdoor link to the garden. Clement were a delight to work with and made everything easy and straightforward. The fitters were super efficient and left the place spotless.”
Clement developed the Brooking range of steel windows as sensitive replacements for existing fenestration in the Suburb. The new windows look incredibly similar to the original windows and doors, but offer much improved specification.
The Clement EB20 range of steel windows was chosen, with G+ bars and beautiful fenestra joints. The new windows are dual coloured - a dark bronze was chosen for the outside frames while white was selected for the inside to match the interior.
Over a number of phases, Clement have manufactured and installed new steel windows and doors from our EB24 range for this magnificent house in the Berkshire countryside. The original home was built in 1905 and the current owners have beautifully refurbished the whole property including the gardens. They have cleverly added a contemporary twist, but have retained all of their home’s original charm
Trent is a village and civil parish in northwest Dorset, in the beautiful Yeo Valley. The Trent Conservation Area was designated in February 1970. Many of its structures are listed due to their historical and architectural significance, including Medieval and Tudor buildings. From 1835 to 1875, Reverend Turner and his wife occupied the village rectory. Together, they built a great number of the buildings that are still in the village today, including the Alms Houses. In 1862, the Turners constructed the National School which was to be for girls and infants. Throughout the years, the National School has seen many changes, including the introduction of boys and the expansion of the buildings. Unsurprisingly, the original metal windows at the school were not fit for purpose and the time came to replace them. This required sensitivity, as it was imperative the new windows looked similar to the originals. The Clement Brooking range was specified because the slim, strong frames could replicate the wonderful shaped heads of the existing windows and they could be fixed directly to stone. The 16mm krypton filled units offer the much-improved thermal performance required and, like all Clement windows, the frames could be fitted with restrictors, essential for safety. Ros Baker, the Deputy Headteacher said: “We are so pleased with the finished result! The transformation the windows have made to our school and local area is fantastic. Many local residents have also commented positively on the ‘new look’ windows. They have been sympathetically upgraded, in keeping with the original school building, and have had a positive impact on our school environment. Furthermore, there was no impact on the staff or the children during the refurbishment.”
The town of Whitchurch in Hampshire is a special place: most of the town is a Conservation Area, the amount of wildlife in and near the River Test means its course and banks are designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest, and the town is the Gateway to the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the third largest of Britain's 46 AONBs. The current Town Hall was built by a local landowner, Lord Middleton, in or around 1791, using some of the timbers from the Old Town House that had stood in the centre of The Square, and was demolished in the 1780s. During the 1800s the building had many tenants including the Mechanics Institute and a furniture warehouse. Records show that in the 1900s the building was also put to a variety of uses. The local Magistrate held sessions, two rooms were used to shelter Military Units passing through Whitchurch, and in 1919 the building was used by the National Federation of Discharged Soldiers and Sailors. Parish Councils were set up in 1896, but met at the Poor Law Institute (the Gables). More recently, the National Fire Service was accommodated in the lower middle section of the building. In 1946, Midland Bank, (now HSBC) was in the lower right hand corner. The Town Band practiced here, and the British Legion used the upper floor. Recently, an extensive program of refurbishment works has taken place to improve the Grade II* Listed Building. This included new steel doors and windows by Clement for the front elevation. The Clement W20 range was chosen for both, with krypton gas filled units. Ash pull handles perfectly complement the steel doors and Boleyn handles were chosen for the steel windows. Sarah Weir, Clerk at Whitchurch Town Council said “The Town Council are really pleased with the new windows and door which are modern, practical and in keeping with the historic building.”
St Mary’s School in Calne, Wiltshire, is a leading UK independent boarding and day school for girls aged 11-18. It was founded in 1873 by local vicar, The Reverend John Duncan, who believed that the daughters of the town’s Anglican families at the time lacked access to a wide-ranging education. The school moved to the current site in 1907 and over the years as the school grew, nearby properties were bought and new buildings were established. Clement Windows Group was chosen to manufacture and install almost 40 new steel windows to replace the original steel windows on the front and gable ends of the Plumer Wing which comprises classrooms for music, computing, Religious Education and art. Windows from the EB20 steel window range were chosen and these were polyester powder coat painted RAL 7016 (Anthracite Grey) instead of white like the original windows. This was the second phase of work for Clement who had previously manufactured the steel windows for the rear elevations of the building. The school acted as the main contractor and CDM lead for the job and Clement was the sole contractor on site. The project was completed to programme and budget during a break from the school term with minimum disruption to the school overall. Bob Lunn, Director of Estates at St Mary’s said “The installation of 83 high quality Clement windows, which were installed in two phases during 2021 and 2022, have significantly enhanced the aesthetics and environmental efficiency of this building. Installation was very efficiently completed by Clement operatives within the specified installation timeframes.” Clement® is a registered trademark of Clement Windows Group Ltd in the United Kingdom, European Union and United States of America. EB20® is a registered trademark of Clement Windows Group Ltd in the United Kingdom, European Union and United States of America.
Stapehill Abbey is a unique estate of 45 two to five bedroom homes. Set within beautiful gardens and grounds, the recently converted Grade II listed refurbishment looks magnificent. The original Abbey House was built in the early 19th century, with the monastic buildings dating back to the 1840s. The twin chapels were designed by Charles Hansom in 1847 and the buildings were completed in 1851. Founded by a small group of nuns led by Madame Augustine de Chabannes, the Abbey was home to The Cross Abbey order of Cistercian Trappist nuns between 1802 and 1990. Dorset based developers Ankers and Rawlings worked painstakingly to retain the original artefacts and period features of this historical site. They chose over 60 Clement Conservation Rooflights for the project including both slate and tile profiles in sizes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Garry Hunter from Ankers and Rawlings said “The homes at Stapehill Abbey have a mixture of slate and tile roofs, we chose Clement Conservation Rooflights as we needed a product that would look perfect in both. We are really delighted with end result and hope to use Clement rooflights again in the future”. Video by: Duncan MacBrayne at Silver Cloud Photography. www.silvercloudphotography.co.uk
St Paul’s Church in Leeds has been transformed with the addition of a large, bespoke steel door screen and feature steel window. The screen incorporates a pair of double doors, providing light and airiness. Both the new steel window and door set are made from Clement EB24 steel sections which include double glazed, argon filled glass units. Mark Harlow, the Vicar, said "St Paul’s Church embarked on a major refurbishment of their 60 year old building to make a warm and welcoming, adaptable space while keeping to the original architect’s ideas. A key part of the brief was to widen the entrance corridor and allow light into one end. This has all been more than achieved using Clement’s metal frame windows and doors. These have helped create an additional space for people to meet and mix. The narrow profile of the frames has allowed maximum light and visual access between the spaces, while the rhythm of the glazing bars both modernise and blend with the architecture of the main worship space." Architect Tom Robbins of Pearce Bottomley Architects commented: “We have worked with Clement on a number of projects and have been very pleased with the service we have received and the quality of their products. They supplied the steel framed glazed screen and feature window at St Paul’s Church, Ireland Wood, Leeds and we couldn’t have been happier with the result. We also specify Clement’s conservation rooflights whenever we can, as we are of the opinion that they are the best on the market.” Video by: Duncan MacBrayne at Silver Cloud Photography. www.silvercloudphotography.co.uk
Clement Windows Group offers an innovative range of steel windows, steel doors, steel screens and conservation rooflights. Recognised as specialists in conservation work for both private residences and commercial projects, we make high quality bespoke replicas of original metal windows. Our new windows will meet the latest performance requirements for insulation, weatherproofing and security.
A catastrophic fire meant the original property at this site was uninhabitable and beyond repair. Planning permission was granted for a new house to be built, of a similar size, but different proportions. The new home has been exquisitely designed to be in keeping with the natural surrounding landscape and the traditional building that was there previously. Clement was delighted to be chosen to manufacture bespoke steel windows and doors for all elevations of the property. The EB20 range with multi point locking was specified. Offering elegant slim frames, a high level of thermal efficiency and when combined with multi point locking, it meets the enhanced security standard PAS24. Attention to detail was crucial on this project, not least because of all the different leaded light designs on the steel doors and windows. In total 38 windows and 14 sets of steel doors were manufactured, all power coated RAL 7016 Anthracite Grey (matt). Beautiful Eaton and Kensington handles were chosen to complement the fenestration which were all painted to match the frames. Video by: Duncan MacBrayne at Silver Cloud Photography. www.silvercloudphotography.co.uk
Clement EB24 steel windows, doors and screens were the ideal choice of fenestration when it came to this jaw-dropping project in Arundel. The combination of T bars, slim, dark frames and satin chrome accessories create just the right look. Achieving such an exceptional appearance did not mean that performance had to be compromised. The 24mm insulated glass units are argon filled and include a Silverstar E glass coating chosen for its thermal insulation layers which lower both the thermal loss of the glass and energy consumption while allowing high light transmission.
This stunning Grade II* property was built in 1932 by renowned architects Connell, Ward and Lucas and is a rare example of the Modernist Movement in architecture. Described at the time as ‘more like an invention by Picasso than a house’ the building was revolutionary for its time and divided opinion. Built using reinforced concrete with a flat roof it is designed to prioritise light and space. The windows are key to the original concept which is based on the movement of the sun – in the morning the breakfast room gets the early sun and the living room benefits from the light in the late afternoon. Windows from the Clement EB20 range were manufactured and polyester powder coated in a matt Pastel Blue. The Clement EB20 double and single doors include Clement’s multi-point locking door system which can achieve PAS4:2016 in accordance with approved Document Q.