LONZA WOOD PROTECTION
Lonza Wood Protection
West Yorkshire WF10 2JT
Tel: 01977 714000
Fax: 01977 714001
Suppliers of: Pressure Timber Treatments, Timber Preservatives, Timber Surface Coatings.
Lonza Wood Protection supplies innovative and high performance preservative and fire retardant products and processes for the industrial pre-treatment of timbers for every possible end use. Preservative treatments protect against the threat of wood decay and insect attack and greatly extend the service live of building and landscaping timbers. Fire retardant treatments provide an effective fire protection to construction timbers, giving more time for safe escape in a fire situation.
To comply with Building Regulations on fire protection, Lonza Wood Protection offers a choice of proven industrially applied fire retardant treatments for timber from our ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 approved fire treatment centre. Treatments reduce the rate of flame spread, rate of heat release and smoke generation. Treatments and treated timbers meet the very latest European Standards.
- Dricon - the only BBA accredited fire retardant treatment for timber and sheet materials. Can be specified for permanent interior situations.
- ATP Generic – fire retardant treatment for timbers and sheet materials used in temporary interior situations.
For more information about all of our timber fire protection products please visit www.lonzafiretreatments.eu
Lonza Wood Protection offers a range of treatment technologies to protect against the threat of wood decay and insect attack and extend the service life and value of timbers used in a wide range of constructional and landscaping applications.
- Tanalith E – pressure treated timber protected with Tanalith E wood preservative. Can be used for building, fencing, landscaping and engineering applications. Now has added BARamine technology to produce even more robust and durable protection for the treated timbers.
- Tanatone – pressure treated timber protected with brown coloured Tanalith E preservative. Ideal for rough sawn fencing and landscaping timber applications.
- Ensele – a brush applied, end grain preservative for Tanalith and Tanatone pressure treated timbers.
- Tanasote - this is an innovative hot oil based version of Tanalith preservative which can be used as an alternative to traditional creosote based treatments for oil pressured treated sleepers and poles.
- Shades - new Shades brings the choice of 4 contemporary colour options for Tanalith preservative treated cladding, fencing and landscaping timbers.
- Vacsol – treated timbers used for general building, timber frame and joinery applications.
- Restol Timber Finishes - a range of high performance linseed oil based, brush applied translucent finishes for wood. Suitable for all exterior softwood or hardwood, providing deep penetration of the finish. Restol does not peel or blister, it is easy to apply and both durable and low maintenance. Visit www.restol.info for further information.
For more information on all of our Tanalith related products and treatments please visit www.tanalisedtimber.co.uk
Further technical information is available to download from the BPi PDF library or via the manufacturer’s websites:
social media links: Twitter
These files are provided by the manufacturer. While Building Products Index takes every care to ensure the information is correct and up to date, we cannot be held liable for any out of date or incorrect information in them. Please check with the supplier before specifying or purchasing products.
ATP Generic Product Features
Details on ATP Generic fire retardant treated timber
Published [24/04/18]File size [2602 KB]
Choice of Treatments Specifiers Guide
Guide to preservative and fire retardant protection of timber
Published [24/04/18]File size [4109 KB]
Dricon BBA Certificate
Dricon, a fire-retardant impregnation treatment for timber, plywood and hardboard
Published [24/04/18]File size [1405 KB]
Dricon Specifiers Guide
Detailed Dricon fire retardant humidity resistant treated timber specification
Published [24/04/18]File size [1078 KB]
Dricon Treatable Species
a full list of timber/plywood species and thicknesses available for DRICON fire retardant treatment to Euroclass B and C in accordance with EN 13501-1
Published [24/04/18]File size [449 KB]
Dricon Treatment Checklist
Benefits of Dricon fire retardant treated timber
Published [24/04/18]File size [456 KB]
Lonza Creosote Treated Timber Guidance
Published [12/12/18]File size [7059 KB]
Details on the range of Restol Wood Oil finishes
Published [24/04/18]File size [842 KB]
Tanalith Specifiers Guide
Detailed guide to Tanalith high pressure treated timber specification
Published [24/04/18]File size [1446 KB]
Tanalith Treated Timber User Guide
TANALITH pressure treated timber
Published [24/04/18]File size [221 KB]
Vacsol Specifiers Guide
Detailed guide to Vacsol low pressure treated timber specification
Published [24/04/18]File size [790 KB]
Vacsol Treated Timber User Guide
VACSOL Wood Preservatives and treated timber
Published [24/04/18]File size [181 KB]
TANASOTE oil based wood preservative will be available in 2019.
Lonza’s latest market offering – TANASOTE oil based wood preservative will be available in 2019.
The innovative preservative treatment has been developed as an alternative to traditional Creosote based treatments and is suitable for high performance timber applications such as railway sleepers and poles.
From cheese shelves to fire retardant treated cladding
A 100 year old cheese warehouse in Gouda has been converted into 52 modern apartments with the help of fire retardant treated Safewood from Foreco of Dalfsen in Holland.
The re-development made use of a lot of products from the original warehouse to help keep the building’s unique identity.
To form the interior cladding of the galleries on each floor of the renovated building, the architect decided to re-use the original timber cheese shelves where the imprints of the circular cheeses still remained. This gives the new development a real link to its cheese factory history and a characteristic look to the interior.
SafeWood uses Lonza’s DRICON fire retardant treatment technology to meet Euroclass B of the Construction Products Regulation, classified in accordance with EN 13501-1.
More information on the project please visit: www.lonzafiretreatments.eu