KEIM MINERAL PAINTS LTD
DEER PARK WAY
SHROPSHIRE TF2 7NA
Tel: 01952 231250
Fax: 01952 231251
Suppliers of: Mineral PAINT Mineral Masonry Paint Concrete PAINT RENDERS coatings stone mould resistant paint
KEIM mineral silicate paint systems were invented over 125 years ago to provide longterm protective and decorative finishes for renders subject to harsh climatic conditions. There are many examples throughout Europe of buildings that have been decorated over 100 years ago with KEIM mineral paint systems that are still in good condition today.
KEIM Mineral Paint is Different
KEIM has been widely used and specified extensively throughout the UK over the past 20 years for both external and internal projects. KEIM paint comprises of a potassium silicate binder with inorganic mineral fillers and natural earth-oxide colour pigments. The paint penetrates into the mineral substrate to form a chemical crystalline bond, becoming an integral part of the surface. This ensures an extremely longlife protective paint system.
Vapour Permeable Paint
The structure of the paint allows the free passage of vapour out of the substrate whilst preventing the ingress of driven rain providing a breathable, semi-permeable membrane.
Environmentally Friendly Paint
KEIM Mineral Paints are completely colourfast, mould, algae resistant, pollution resistant, low maintenance and environmentally friendly being waterborne, odourless and non-toxic.
KEIM Mineral Paints are inherently non-combustible and do not support the spread of flame. They achieve a Class 0 fire performance to BS476 part 6 for fire propagation and part 7 for surface spread of flame.
In addition, KEIM Paints are also rated at the top classification of A2 under the proposed new Euronorms. They give off no discernible noxious emissions and are specified by major Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Department of Transport and London Underground specifically for their fire performance characteristics
In addition to traditional decorative work, KEIM is also a market leader in the fields of concrete treatment, fire retardant coatings and stone restoration materials.
Our Range Includes:
- Granital - KEIM Granital®– a classic mineral, matt finish silicate based paint for use on all forms of mineral substrates.
- Royalan - KEIM Royalan ® - a mineral silicate based paint system developed to withstand harsh climatic conditions, ideally suited for use in exposed locations, tropical regions, and those subject to continual pollutants and contaminants.
- Soldalit - KEIM Soldalit®– a modern sol-silicate based paint for use on mineral and previously painted substrates.
- Soldalit-ME - KEIM Soldalit®-ME – an exterior sol-silicate photocatalytic mineral paint.
- Optil - KEIM Optil ®- premium quality sol-silicate paint specifically formulated for elegant interior applications, giving intense, lightfast colour shades.
- Ecosil-ME - KEIM Ecosil-ME ® – a high performance, photocatalyticenvironmentally friendly mineral paint for interior use.
- Innostar - KEIM Innostar® - interior one coat white paint system.
- Concretal-C - KEIM Concretal®C - a waterproof sol silicate based paint specially formulated for protection against carbonation of concrete surfaces.
- Concretal-W - KEIM Concretal®W - a waterproof sol silicate paint, optimised for concrete and formulated for protection against weathering, water and chlorides.
- Concretal-Lasur - KEIM Concretal®Lasur is a low pigmentation silicate colour wash, which acts as a stain that penetrates the surface of concrete, equalising colour variations and blemishes.
- Concrete Repair System - The KEIM concrete repair system is based on cementitious and mineral constituents and is suitable for all forms of concrete substrate.
- Water Repellant and Dust Suppressant - The KEIM range of water repellent and dust suppressant products provide clear surface treatments for all mineral substrates.
- Anti Graffiti - KEIM offers two anti-graffiti materials, both of which can be applied over any of the KEIM mineral paint coatings, offering different surface finishes and life cycles.
- Universal Render - KEIM Universal Render is a pre-bagged mineral render which is extremely flexible, versatile and easy to apply.
- Brillant-Putz - KEIM Brillantputz is a high quality, mineral, thin layer, lightweight render.
- Porosan - The KEIM Porosan render system, in combination with water ingress prevention measures, can successfully repair damaged surfaces.
- NHL Kalkputz - KEIM NHL Kalkputz is a multipurpose natural hydraulic lime render for manual and machine application.
- Restauro Stone Repair - The KEIM Restauro repair systems is a range of dry bagged, mineral-based restoration mortars which are ideal for repairing damage to natural stone surfaces.
- Decorative Lasurs - Protective colourwash effects for render, brick and stone work.
To complement this generic family of mineral silicate paint systems KEIM also offers a comprehensive range of ancillary products.
Further technical information and guidance is available on KEIM MINERAL PAINTS website or via the BPi download Library
These files are provided by the manufacturer. While Building Products Index takes every care to ensure the information is correct and up to date, we cannot be held liable for any out of date or incorrect information in them. Please check with the supplier before specifying or purchasing products.
1. Keim Mineral Paints UK
Keim Mineral Paints - ecological, economical, sustainable
Published [26/07/18]File size [984 KB]
2. Keim Mineral Paints Pre-Treatment
Fillers, cleaners, paint removers, anti fungal coatings, paint preparation materials and products
Published [26/07/18]File size [1072 KB]
3. Keim Mineral Paints Surface Preparation and Material Application
Published [06/11/18]File size [756 KB]
a. Keim Granital Exterior Masonry Paints
Masonry Paints for External Walls
Published [31/08/18]File size [701 KB]
a. Keim Royalan Exterior Mineral Paint for Extreme Climatic Conditions
Specifically developed for harsh climates Highly resistant to weathering Environmentally friendly
Published [31/08/18]File size [890 KB]
a. Keim Soldalit Exterior Mineral Paint
Keim Soldalit - Exterior sol/silicate mineral paint
Published [31/08/18]File size [1907 KB]
a. Keim Soldalit ME Exterior Mineral Paint
HIGH PERFORMANCE EXTERIOR SOL SILICATE MINERAL PAINT
Published [31/08/18]File size [389 KB]
b. Keim Ecosil ME Internal High Performance Mineral Paint
Neutralises noxious gases and pollutants Wet abrasion resistance, class 1 Breathable and anti-condensation Resistant to mould and fungal growth Non-flammable Paints
Published [31/08/18]File size [335 KB]
b. Keim Innostar Internal Silicate Paint
premier sol silicate paint
Published [31/08/18]File size [419 KB]
b. Keim Optil Internal Silicate Paint
Interior sol/silicate paint
Published [31/08/18]File size [1450 KB]
c. Keim Mineral Paints Universal Render
Easy Application of Lime Based Render, A universal render system for both internal and external applications. Ideal for renovation work and difficult substrates.
Published [31/08/18]File size [902 KB]
c. Keim Porosan Restoration Render Systems
Published [31/08/18]File size [453 KB]
c. Keim Render UK The Mineral Solution
Keim Render Systems – The Mineral Solution
Published [31/08/18]File size [1240 KB]
c. Keim Renders - Quick Reference Guides - Lime Renders
lime renders Mineral Paints
Published [31/08/18]File size [495 KB]
d. Keim Mineral Paints Treatment Anti-Graffiti
Keim Lotexan is a clear, siloxane based water repellent and dust suppressant treatment for use on alkaline mineral substrates such as concrete, render and brickwork.
Published [31/08/18]File size [953 KB]
e. Keim Concretal Lasur UK
CONCRETE REPAIR AND PROTECTION, Think Concrete, Think Keim Keim Concretal Lasur - Colour and protection for concrete
Published [31/08/18]File size [1653 KB]
e. Keim Concretal UK 2017
Published [31/08/18]File size [1298 KB]
e. Keim Specifying Visual Concrete
CONCRETE REPAIR AND PROTECTION
Published [31/08/18]File size [1107 KB]
f. Keim Restauro Stone Restoration
A masonry and natural stonework preservative and restoration system.
Published [31/08/18]File size [1009 KB]
g. Keim Lasur Finishes Colourwashes
lasur finishes for render
Published [31/08/18]File size [1731 KB]
g. Keim Mineral Paints in Conservation
Mineral Paints and renders
Published [31/08/18]File size [1178 KB]
g. Keim Paints Hospitals ,Care Homes and Medical Environments
A range of paints developed for Healthcare Buildings
Published [31/08/18]File size [528 KB]
Keim Concretal - Protection and Colour for Concrete
Concrete repair system paints and coatings
Published [31/10/17]File size [1298 KB]
Keim Mineral Paints for Murals
External Masonry paint for murals
Published [31/10/17]File size [1513 KB]
Keim Mineral Paints Limerender
Modern Masonry & Internal Emulsion Paints
Published [29/07/16]File size [1478 KB]
Keim Mineral Paints Listed Prestigious Buildings
Published [31/10/17]File size [2796 KB]
Keim Mineral Paints Projects 10 yrs after being painted
Durability of Keim Mineral Paints and Coatings, Granital, Restauro Lasur, Royalan
Published [30/09/16]File size [1282 KB]
Keim Paints Churches, Chapels and Historic Buildings
Internal and external masonry paints for historic listed buildings and churches
Published [29/07/16]File size [801 KB]
Keim Paints The Smart Alternative to Through Coloured Render
Published [29/07/16]File size [1085 KB]
Keim Reference Projects Schools, Universities
Published [31/10/17]File size [1078 KB]
Keim The Photocatalytic Difference Soldalit ME Ecosil ME.
Published [29/07/16]File size [881 KB]
Published [06/11/18]File size [1009 KB]
KEIM Royalan system - HALNAKER HOUSE
KEIM STS 7M
KEIM Universal Render Fine
Decorator: QHA Associates Ltd
Architect: M H Architects
Halnaker House, Boxgrove, Chichester
Halnaker House in Boxgrove, Chichester is a Grade II Listed fortified medieval manor house, which was in built in the 1930’s.
The owner had suffered from damp issues so we recommended to full strip the existing coatings with KEIM STS 7M and the Thermatech system.
For this exposed property, we specified a 3 coat application of the KEIM Royalan system. Once the paint was removed the condition of the brickwork was poor and therefore the decorator used a fantastic and innovative technique where they applied KEIM Universal Render Fine to cover the imperfections of the hairline cracks and uneven brickwork and then removed using a grout float to once again reveal the brickwork effect.
For more information about any of our products please contact us on 01952 231250 and we will be happy to discuss your requirements.
Keim Universal Render used at Deepfields, Cheshire
This 10,000 st ft Regency style new build property was built on the combined 2 acre site of an existing property and its neighbouring land. The luxury property has its own indoor swimming pool and cinema and was the winner of the Luxury New Build 2014. The outer walls were constructed using blockwork and then rendered using KEIM Universal Render, which is an extremely flexible render system, negating the needs for expansion joints which would look unsightly on the impressive building. The render was then painted using KEIM Soldalit which combines durability with breathability, ensuring the system will last for many years. The swimming pools ceilings were also plastered using KEIM Universal Render but the fine version for a smooth finish, and decorated with KEIM Soldalit to give a high performance finish in such a humid environment.