Security is now included in Building Regulations in England and Scotland, and in Wales from the 1st November 2018.
Approved Document Q 2015 – Security: Dwellings
In order to meet building regulations in England and Scotland only, you can order from our XD / XNG range of doors
This regulation covers any new dwellings built in England and they will be expected to comply for new planning applications from 1st October 2015 and for any sites where building work is started after the 1st October 2016 (in line with the usual transition arrangements).
The regulation will also apply to changes in use of buildings.
• The IG XD and XNG range of PAS24:2012 compliant doorsets are suitable for meeting ADQ
• The same requirements also apply to any accessible windows (ie. Ground floor or accessible balconies)
• The IG PAS24:2012 compliant doorsets are suitable for meeting the requirement in Scotland under clause 4.13.1 a) and b)
SECURED BY DESIGN
Secured by Design (SBD) is the UK police flagship initiative supporting the principles of designing out crime.
Crime Reduction and Responsibility
Secured by Design is a crime prevention initiative operated by the Police Services of the United Kingdom, which aims to utilise design principles and products in the build environment that reduce the risk of crime by combining minimum standards of physical security and proven principles of natural surveillance and defensible space. Independent research has shown that these principles can lead to a reduction in crime of up to 75%.
In order to meet PAS 24: 2016 SECURED BY DESIGN and ADQ in Wales only, you will need to order from our HD / HNG range.
Secured by Design Licensed Products
Essential to the SBD scheme are Licensed Products which are successfully tested to meet the relevant Police Preferred Specifications.
Features and Benefits
• Meets PAS24:2016 Certification
• Covered by independent third party product certification via the prestigious BSI Kitemark Scheme
• Security multipoint lock
• Laminated glass
• Security glazing cassette
• Available in Steel and GRP
• Letterplate (meeting TS008), door chain and eyeviewer
• Secure bolt through furniture
• Electric lock options available
• Available in Softwood and PVCu frames
• Available for communal entrance doors
• Sidelight options available
Standard IG Doors – NG Range
High security multipoint locking systems, 2-Star handles fitted as standard.
Enhanced Security – ADQ – XD / XNG Range
With enhanced security features such as Laminate glass, the IG Doors XD / XNG range of PAS24:2012 compliant doorsets are suitable for meeting Building Regulation Approved Document Q
Secured by Design – HD / HNG Range
Our HD / HNG range includes the full range of security features, and includes the NEW TS008 Unicorn letterplate to meet PAS24 2016 Secured By Design effective from 1st October 2018.
In order to meet PAS 24: 2016 SECURED BY DESIGN and ADQ in Wales, you will need to order from our HD / HNG range.